Question(I'm totally clueless)

Started by jeffro79, Apr 23, 2007, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro79

I have this idea/storyline for a T.V. show, once I get a episode or two written whats my next step to selling my idea?  
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

fitzcarraldo

The DARK

Tell us your idea. There'll be a monster thread made about it and we'll make it big.  ;D
In another time, in another place, in another face

MarkW

I know someone who is head of talent at a UK TV company.  Email me the storyline and I'll plagiarise it in a shameless manner and sell it as my own.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

aMD

be weary of anything that asks for money up front.  You may lose your money and your idea.  The best way I know to get into writing for TV is to write an episode of a series that already exists, like the Simpsons or the Office.  If they accept it then your foot is in the door, if not you can send it to an agent to show them you have writing talent and if they pick you up then you can go forward with your original idea.

Jaimoe

I'm a broadcasting grad and have a few friends that wrote pilots and some got them optioned. My advice is to write a synopsis and try to contact the right people like story editors etc... Be honest with the powers that be and have more than just one idea for a tv program.  

jeffro79

Thanks for everyones input. I really dont want to put any money up front and its really just one great big specific idea I have. Also this is totally just a idea that popped into my head about a week or two ago. So I guess at the moment you could call it sort of a hobby of mine. I also told a really close friend about my idea, he really dug it and now I have a collaborator. If nothing else comes out of it, we are atleast entertaining the hell out of ourselves!
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

ManNamedTruth

It seems to me like you just have to know the right people. Has anyone watched Adult Swim lately? What is going on over there? Adult Swim used to be brilliant. Anyway, I think thats the case with AS shows, they just know the right people.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!