Homes/Remodeling

Started by mjkoehler, Mar 10, 2007, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Since the fabulous Prom shows are over and I have a feeling it will be quiet on the MMJ front for a whole. There will be plenty of other music news. Also, since the weather is finally starting to warm up some of us will be gearing up to do odd jobs and possibly larger jobs around the house.

Use this to showcase what you have done or just showcase what you have. I love old houses, especially brick, and my dream job would be to own my own remodeling company. I've posted some pics here and there of some of the rooms I have done, and I have several more to work on this year, so I'll start.

sorry for the pic sizes, couldn't get them any smaller.

Kitchen before

Kitchen After

Bathroom before

Bathroom after

.Walt

nice job. how long did that take for the kitchen?

and you never answered me about the wolfmother show, how long did they play for, and did they play any covers? and which ones?

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

Quotenice job. how long did that take for the kitchen?

and you never answered me about the wolfmother show, how long did they play for, and did they play any covers? and which ones?

I took a week off of work to get everything done. The cabinets I had been working on for a while staining and sealing them. Takes a while to put 3 coats of poly on 8 cabinets.

Sorry about that, I get hit in the head a lot. They played about 45-50 minutes. Only cover I remember was Communication Breakdown in their encore. Not a bad version. The kiddies didn't know what it was, however the rest of older folk knew.

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Capt Tink TANK

dragonboy

Quotethat's nice, true.
I was thinking the same thing.
What a great way to come across as a complete dick True  :-/

You're very talented MJ.
God help me if any DIY is needed at my place, I'm completely useless when it comes to that sort of thing. Much respect!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Capt Tink TANK

i think it looks great!
*struts*
looks like my home, 'cept nicer.

ManNamedTruth

[size=18]hey i'm just kidding[/size] [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

SMc55

Are they the same kitchen cabinets?

mjkoehler

Quote[size=18]hey i'm just kidding[/size] [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

no offense taken

mjkoehler

QuoteAre they the same kitchen cabinets?

Nope. The old ones were laminated cabinets. Had to go with oak for the new ones. There is a nice built in cabinet that is original to the house. I eventually post a pic of it. Previous owners has multiple layers of white paint on everything.

SMc55

I love the cheese and fruit border.

vielfras

Wow, nice job on the kitchen and bathroom.  My wife and I have been in the process of a major remodel of our home also.  We started in July and are hoping to be done by April. (Hopefully)  I enjoy doing this sort of thing even though I have little experience, I guess I get a lot of satisfaction in being able to create something of worth.

The problem for me is I always underestimate the time and money that a project will take, usually it takes 3 times as much.

Our plan was to add onto our living room and kitchen off of the bottom of the house and new bedrooms on the top of the house.  Unfortunately we had to put off adding the bedrooms, because of unseen issues like our cracked slab that needed to be repoured and having the house lifted.  Here are a few pics of before during and after.

Now I am finishing up the wood flooring in the house.  I spent the whole weekend gluing the wood floor to the concrete.  That was pretty messy.  Well hopefully I can post the finished product in a few weeks.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

red

I love your flooring in the kitchen mjkoehler!

mjkoehler

QuoteThe problem for me is I always underestimate the time and money that a project will take, usually it takes 3 times as much.

amen to that, no matter how much planning you do. Looking to do some stuff outside and YIKES greatly underestimating the cost.

I love the fact your house seems to be built into the natural surrounding with all the woods. Adds to the ambiance and from personal experience helps with the cooling bill in the summer.

mjkoehler

soooooo..... we gots bored over easter weekend and this past weekend. I'm digging sitting on my patio and drinking and watching DVD's and total ticking the rubberneckers off who drive by and run the Stop sign in front of my house. Apparently staring is a contagious disease in my town....