Festival Advice from Wayne Coyne

Started by johnconaway, Jul 05, 2007, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

from the Onion...

AVC: What do you think is the biggest festival don't?

WC: I think the worst thing is don't get drunk and pass out by 1 o'clock in the afternoon and be the guy who's laying out in the open field throwing up at 2 in the afternoon. We see that all the time, like my God, how big of a miscalculation was that? The guy's laying there, and he's going to get sunburned, and it's just miserable. Not only that, he's going to feel worse after this, and he's missing the show at the same time. So if you've never drunk that much beer before, don't try it at a festival in the middle of the summer. I think it's better if you're younger, too. The older you get, the more you're like, "Why would I want to stand in the heat all day with a bunch of drunk morons?" When you're young, and the possibility of having sex is in the air, and you're seeing new things, that's a beautiful thing.

Truer words have never been spoken.  God bless you, Mr. Coyne...

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MarkW

Wayne's a special guy, for sure.  It's probably OK if you keep your shit together until 6pm, though, before passing out in a field?  When you're old and married, the "possibility of sex in the air"?  In public?  In a tent? Hmmmmmm...  :P
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

ycartrob

Quote When you're old and married, the "possibility of sex in the air"?  In public?  In a tent? Hmmmmmm...  :P

with someone I have met before