Louisville crew - suggestions, a little help??

Started by bethofftherecord, Jul 21, 2007, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bethofftherecord

I am heading through Louisville on my way to North Carolina and will be staying for one night, next Thursday, July 26th and looking for some suggestions.....hotel, dinner, place to have beers???  Any suggestions??? I have been there before, but all we did was eat at some stupid chain restaurant and the Louisville Slugger Museum (which was cool) on our way to Mammoth Cave.  I'm down with meeting up for a beer if anyone wants to....

I'm off line until next wednesday, but will check in right before I leave and see if anyone posts anything.  YEAH FOR VACATIONS and ROADTRIPS!!!! ;)
nothing can be changed except ourselves

bug

You might like to get something to eat at at Lynn's Paradise Cafe: http://www.lynnsparadisecafe.com/

Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

mjkoehler

Ya gotta go to one of the Homemade Pie & Ice Cream Kitchens. http://www.piekitchen.com/

kymoose

Just make sure you hit the Highlands in and around Bardstown Road.  There are a ton of good restaurants, good music, good coffee, and good beer (a la Cumberland Brews).  That will set you straight.

bethofftherecord

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!  Just took a much needed shower after a few days on a boat, then canoe, then biking.  I am going to check out your suggestions, map my way and then get to bed.  I am beat and looking forward to a nice hotel and some city life before we head out to the ocean.  I love vacations!!!

megisnotreal

i have to go to louisville monday to see this new doctor and blah blah but...

if i HAD to chose ONE of these places to eat, which one would would it be?

aMD

for breakfast or lunch go to Lynn's paradice cafe
For dinner go to Ramsi's Cafe.

If you're looking for an out-of-the-way hole-in-the-wall with great, affordable food try the Come Back Inn

bethofftherecord

thanks for the great suggestions!!!  i didn't get to spend as much time in Louisville as i would have liked, but we went out for some beers and food at the Cumberland Brews.  The food and beers were very tasty!  We had to get up early then next day so we went back to the hotel and hung out in the hotel bar with the bartender who told us some great stories about Louisville.  Then next day we went to Lynn's Paradise in for breakfast and it definitely lived up to the hype.  The food and atmosphere were great.  

After breakfast we had to take off for north carolina, but we are now planning a trip for a long weekend in louisville for the fall.  

Thanks again!!!