The University of Missouri Part II

Started by ycartrob, Sep 08, 2007, 09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

The University of Missouri is the greatest because:

1-  MU is credited with establishing the tradition of Homecoming in the United States, which was subsequently adopted by most colleges and high schools across the country. The tradition began in 1911 when athletic director Chester L. Brewer invited alumni to "come home" for the big football game against KU.

2-  The University of Missouri Research Reactor Center is located in the MU Research Park and is the largest university research reactor in the U.S.

3-  Sheryl Crow graduated from the University of Missouri with a degree in Education.

TEO

*The oldest school of Journalism in the WORLD

*My Son's attendance at said University

*There are some GREAT "bubble butts" on the women's volleyball team
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

crazylove

Brad Pitt       School of Journalism  ;D
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

BH

Well done Tracy, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was hungover from celebrating our victory! ;)  I guess our schools probably just did a "home and home" series so who knows when we shall meet again.   But someday, maybe I will be writing about why Ole Miss is the Greatest!  Here is a little preview........

Nestled among 10 acres of oak trees on the University of Mississippi campus is "The Grove", a sprawling spectacle of college football pageantry dubbed "the holy grail of tailgating" by the Sporting News magazine.

Now that's fucking cool.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TheBigChicken

hey hitchiker I read the article in SI....I grew up on UGA's campus and it is truly beautiful....People have told me "the Grove" is beautiful ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry