Crock Pot vs Oven

Started by rccola71, Sep 23, 2007, 12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

nothing's better than a oven cooked meal but when was the last time a crock pot burned a house down...you place everything in a pot  :Dwith your liquid/stock,go to work ,come home and eat...it's that easy ....I guess I'm a crock pot man :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ratsprayer

chili in the crock pot for NFL sunday football.  it's what happens around here.  

aMD

I love me some pot roast from the crock pot.  I also have a great recipe for italian beef sandwiches that are the shit!

TEO

Quotechili in the crock pot for NFL sunday football.  it's what happens around here.  

I'll be there so we can watch the Colts win yet again! (I also LOVE chili, with noodles or without for you?)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ratsprayer

Quotechili in the crock pot for NFL sunday football.  it's what happens around here.  

I'll be there so we can watch the Colts win yet again! (I also LOVE chili, with noodles or without for you?)

no colts game on tv here this sunday, so i think we're off to Buffalo Wild Wings very soon.  however, no noodles in my chili.  usually it's mexican style chili beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, onions, my choice of meat and corn.  the corn sounds a bit weird, i know, but it totally gives it a southwestern taste that i love.

aMD

i definitely take noodles in my chili.  my favorite is elbow macaroni.

why aren't you getting the colts, i think we are.

TEO

Quotei definitely take noodles in my chili.  my favorite is elbow macaroni.

Growing up on Skyline I figured you would like spaghetti noodles?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ratsprayer

the only cbs station we get here is out of columbus and since the bengals game is a late one, they're not showing an early game.  it's pretty much ridiculous.

the_wizzard

Quotei definitely take noodles in my chili.  my favorite is elbow macaroni.

Growing up on Skyline I figured you would like spaghetti noodles?

You guys are taking me back to my days in oHIo!

I have not thought about Skyline in years!

On another note, pertaining to the thread, does anyone have some good vegetarian crock pot suggestions?  My husband and I got the quintessential wedding gift of a crock pot and don't have the darndest idea of how to use it......

Thanks!

primushead

Anyone ever cook any game-ish stuff in a crock pot?  It rules.  My friends and I cooked some venison stew last winter and it was by far the best meat I've had out of a crock pot.  I've also done dove (wild dove of course, not the peace doves) and bear meat.  

**As a side note, I'm not a hunter, but I have some friends/family who do.  So, don't peg me as a weird guy who kills animals every weekend and eats them  :-/**

Sleazy Rider

QuoteAnyone ever cook any game-ish stuff in a crock pot?  It rules.  My friends and I cooked some venison stew last winter and it was by far the best meat I've had out of a crock pot.  I've also done dove (wild dove of course, not the peace doves) and bear meat.  

**As a side note, I'm not a hunter, but I have some friends/family who do.  So, don't peg me as a weird guy who kills animals every weekend and eats them  :-/**

That's not weird, that is survival.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.