Arrested Development vs. It's Always Sunny...??

Started by seamus, Oct 01, 2007, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

Inspired by the thread about those two good cartoons...I'll go with Arrested Development, but I've only seen like 2 episodes of it's Always Sunny
We could.

mjkoehler

megisnotreal

dragonboy

Not seen It's Always Sunny but I'm pretty sure my vote would go to AD anyway.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

megisnotreal

do y'all remember the episode...  afternoon delight?

Michael: I think she needs some "Afternoon Delight". [Oscar Laughs]
   Narrator: Oscar thought Michael was referring to a particular kind of cannabis, called "Afternoon Delight".
   Oscar: Well, sure. The question is, which way do I try to get it in her?
   Michael: I don't need any details.
   Oscar: Maybe...I'll put it in her brownie.
   Michael: Hey!

EAZYE

This forum turned me onto AD ;)  Thank you all by the way!  Have just started to get into Its Always Sunny so.....hands down AD ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

red

Arrested Development is my favourite television show ever.  Ive watched the complete seasons well in excess of 20 times.  I've got autographed pictures of Michael Cera and Jessica Walters hanging on my wall.  G.O.B. is the greatest television character ever.

That being said, It's Always Sunny is my favourite post-AD-cancellation show on television.  

.Walt

i'm going to say it, i've never seen Arrested Development. But i've watched one eposide of sunny. so i can't vote.

rip on me, i can take it.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

primushead

I've finally gotten into Always Sunny this season and I think it's hilarious.  I still have never seen a full episode of AD though :-/

megisnotreal

look at this and know why you should at least watch ad at least once.

mjkoehler

I'd post the greatest scene ever (the one where Michael gives Tobias the basket and Michael makes him tape record himself...Tobias You Blowhard), but those assclowns at Fox made Youtube take down most of the clips.

EAZYE

Quotelook at this and know why you should at least watch ad at least once.

I love the part when Buster has Franklin: "I don't want no part of your country club you freak bitch!"
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Kel

It's Always Sunny is HILARIOUS and pretty smart, but Arrested Development....it just takes the cake.  It is one of the best TV shows ever, to me at least.  The key is that I can watch the episodes numerous times.  I get bore with Sunny episodes after I've seen them more than a few times.

Kel

PS - Has anyone ever seen Will Arnett play air guitar to the Law and Order theme on Conan?  I guess he's done it a couple of times, but the first time he did it I was dying.

Too bad YouTube had to take THOSE clips down too.

red

Kel, he totally did 'air clarinet' one of the last times he was on Conan.  Amazing.

Kel

QuoteKel, he totally did 'air clarinet' one of the last times he was on Conan.  Amazing.

Yeah, the first one they did, Conan did the air clarinet.  I mean, I love Conan & Will Arnett, so it was hilarious to watch them just interact in the first place.  Then they bust out the Law & Order air guitar...oh man (triple threat - i love law and order as well)

LizKing531

I cant get enough of AD - isn't it still getting played on cable (G4 or something)?

I never thought I would laugh so hard at something narrated by Opey Griffith

But I've never seen Sunny - just giving props to AD

red

When Fox aired the last 4 episodes of AD I threw a party complete with ice cream sandwiches, frozen bananas, and juice.  I also cried when Ron Howard said (made small for slight spoiler) "It was Arrested Development." as the boat rides off in the sunset.

mjkoehler

GrassyOne

Arrested Development...hands down!  I am not a fan of Sunny in Philly at all. My boyfriend loves it and thinks it's hilarious, but it is NOT my favorite, by any means. I don't think it's that great.  Danny DeVito is hilarious though.
Come to the dark side...we have cookies.