Sports fans: Please read this

Started by megisnotreal, Oct 15, 2007, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megisnotreal

I am trying to decide whether or not to pick up a new program, and I wanted input from our resident sports fans. Please help me put by sharing your opinion. Thanks and  :-*.

If you can't pick up a broadcast of your team's game on TV, how often do you listen to play-by-play on the radio?

Would you be more apt to spend the money to see your team's game on pay-per-view than listen to a free broadcast of the game on the radio?

How many games have you listened to games on the radio? If you've never tuned in, why?

Thanks for helping me with this. I just need some input from sports fans, as I am debating if I want to sign contracts expanding our SEC coverage.

ycartrob

A little while back, I used to listen to sports on the radio via the internet, when it was free. Now that there's a charge, I keep up with something called Game Channel (which is graphics, not audio).

I would definently listen for free on the radio rather than subscribe-per-view. Usually, most of the games that are meaningful are on TV anyways.

knotcameloose

The sports I listen to on the radio are Yankee games if I'm in the car during the summer.  

I also listen to local college hockey road games on the radio since they aren't on TV anyway.

That's about it.  

BH

Hockey and Basketball are terrible on the radio.  It's like blah blah blah SCORE, blah blah blah SCORE.  You can't follow it and your mind drifts.

Baseball is great.  Every game is on TV but I do listen sometimes when I want to do other things besides sit in front of the TV.

Football is good as well.  We don't get every Big 12 game, so if I'm at home on a Saturday, and Mizzou is not on, I use that time to clean the garage/wash my car/etc. while I listen.  

So anyway, for me, college football is the sport I listen to most on the radio.  Then baseball.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

I always tune into a radio broadcast of a game I want to watch--usually if I'm on the road.  If I am home and the game is "blacked out" (not very often) then I would probably look for it on the radio--this also depends on the sport I will ususally only seek out baseball and football on the radio and not worry as much about hockey and basketball (unless maybe UConn has a big game on).
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Jaimoe

I wouldn't shell-out money to see most sports on pay-per-view. I love boxing, but I've never ordered up a big fight. Going to pubs to watch sports makes for a better night out.

I listen to sports radio all the time, so I'd listen to games on the radio unless there's a bar showing tbe game you want to see.

aMD

I used to listen to reds games on the radio even if it was on tv.  I'd turned the TV on mute because the radio announcers were better (back in the Marty and Joe days).  I listen to football games on the road.  I agree that basketball kind of sucks on radio.  the only time I listened to b-ball on the radio was during high school when the team had important road games.

I only pay-per-view for big time boxing events.

BH

Do we get some sort of Market Research fee for this?   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

i like to listen to games on the radio. i really enjoy playing "lawn games", drinking brews and having the game on the radio. when i'm in a situation where i'm unable to watch a game but have a radio, i'll defiantly tune in turn on and drop out.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

Radio is good for when you are doing work and want to have something on in the background to keep you occupied. INDY 500 is especially good this way as that is the way I grew up.  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megisnotreal