The World Series in November?

Started by ycartrob, Oct 17, 2007, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Has the World Series ever gone into November? This is odd to me.

An interesting article about the Rockies' record layoff before the Series.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/17/sports/17colo.php?WT.mc_id=rsssports

knotcameloose

In 2001 it did...game 7, D'Bags beat the Yankees.

ycartrob

so, if someone wins game 7 on November 1st with a walk off homer, it would only be appropriate to play Mr. November by The National...

Mr. October

mjkoehler

Just seems wrong to think and actually watch/play the World Series in November!!

knotcameloose

QuoteIn 2001 it did...game 7, D'Bags beat the Yankees.
Mind you, the season was postponed for two weeks, which caused the delay.

This year, it's been the gaps in the playoff series.

MMJ_fanatic

I wouldn't be surprised if before long we were eating Thanksgiving dinner with game 7 on.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

aMD

In the 2001 series knotcameloose refers to Derek Jeter was dubbed Mr. November.  His team lost so I don't know how all that worked out but it is what it is.

If I have one complaint about baseball's schedule is that it's too short.  They should play from February to December and expand the regular season to 212 games. (being sarcastic, obviously)

.Walt

with the chances of a world series in November, it brings the question of why would the Twins build an outdoor stadium? why not have a retractable roof.  i went to a game this april, and it was snowing.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

Quotewith the chances of a world series in November, it brings the question of why would the Twins build an outdoor stadium? why not have a retractable roof.  i went to a game this april, and it was snowing.  

um, yeah.  that ain't smart

maybe they figure their chances of going into november are pretty slim.   ;)