MacBook question

Started by chris, Oct 24, 2007, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

My PC just died on me the other day, and I'm seriously considering getting a MacBook, I've always liked apples but it was never financially practical to get one in the past. Anyway, it's still not really that practical, but I think I might do it, and I was wondering if I can transfer all of my music files from my pc hardrive to the mac, and if so is it complicated?  Also, can I reconfigure my ipod to work with the mac since up until now it's been formated for a pc (I have one of the older 60GB picture ipods without video).  Thanks
yeah, so if it's sad, well you still gotta live till ya die

LizKing531

Everything should transfer just fine - as long as the music isn't in .wma format.  m4a & mp3 will work on either.  Especially the new macs - they play a lot nicer with Windows than they used to.  

I looked at getting a MacBook Pro when it came time to replace my machine - I ended up getting a Toshiba notebook.  Personally, I couldn't see coughing up 3 times as much money just to have a mac.  Who knows, maybe I should've.  I haven't had any problems with mine yet.

Jenny

i switched to macbook and i honestly don't know why i was using a pc for so long.
i guess it's just a matter of preference, but they're so much less complicated and i dont think it's physically possible to have a problem with them...

LizKing531

I think you're right, but my wallet had a physical problem producing funds for a Mac

:P

Jenny

Oh I feel that. I had to spend a large percent of my personal savings from circa december 1997 (third grade christmas present money). totally splurged one day, but it was well worth it...

ManNamedTruth

i paid 1,235 for my imac which i thought wasn't a bad price at all. it's well worth it.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!