Colts vs Pats

Started by rccola71, Oct 29, 2007, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

No hate from TEO. I know we always have our hands full when we play the Pats. I honestly think the game could go either way, depending who is more "on" that day.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

LizKing531

QuoteNo hate from TEO. I know we always have our hands full when we play the Pats. I honestly think the game could go either way, depending who is more "on" that day.

Yup - native hoosier right there - I feel the same way.  I've seen too many years of off & on days from the colts.  I would almost feel better if they were playing in NE.

Jon T.

I couldn't care less about the whole "spygate" incident although, his response to it was shit.  And as far as running up the score, who gives a shit.  They are professional athletes.  He doesn't have to keep the game close just for the other team's morale.  You never know who you'll have to play again in the playoffs and you want that team to know that you'll kick the shit out of em again.  He's just not a likable guy and therefore hard to root for. And, why does he have to ruin perfectly good hoodies by cutting the sleeves off?

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteAnd, why does he have to ruin perfectly good hoodies by cutting the sleeves off?

I hear ya man--sometimes I wanna buy a box of hoodies and ship them to him.  Course, he probably has somebody to cut the sleeves off for him. ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

.Walt

QuoteAnd, why does he have to ruin perfectly good hoodies by cutting the sleeves off?

I hear ya man--sometimes I wanna buy a box of hoodies and ship them to him.  Course, he probably has somebody to cut the sleeves off for him. ;)

i bet that's going to be a Halloween hit in the boston area. i thought about going as Double B. i love that guy!!

pats win 42-34
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

bowl of soup

I again strongly recommend ESPN.com's Page 2 Tuesday Morning Quarteback by Gregg Eaterbrook for very intelligent commentary on all of these issues including the Beli-cheat scandal.  You'll need a couple of hours to read the last few weeks - but the cheating scandal is a bigger deal than anybody wants it to be.

BB is obviously running up the score; just like any 8 year-old boy who's been caught doing something he's not supposed to, he lashes out with anger.  That being said TMQ's point this week is right on target - why are the other teams accepting the humiliation with such resignation?  Respect for the teachings of Gandhi?

BB's response to the running up the score questions is that "We're just playing football."  Well, the defense should continue to "play football" call 8-man blitzes and plant Brady into the ground until BB pulls him from the game.  If you're down 35 - 0 with 13 minutes left in the fouth quarter and Brady continues to throw deep, why are you playing vanilla d?  Blitz!
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI again strongly recommend ESPN.com's Page 2 Tuesday Morning Quarteback by Gregg Eaterbrook for very intelligent commentary on all of these issues including the Beli-cheat scandal.  You'll need a couple of hours to read the last few weeks - but the cheating scandal is a bigger deal than anybody wants it to be.

BB is obviously running up the score; just like any 8 year-old boy who's been caught doing something he's not supposed to, he lashes out with anger.  That being said TMQ's point this week is right on target - why are the other teams accepting the humiliation with such resignation?  Respect for the teachings of Gandhi?

BB's response to the running up the score questions is that "We're just playing football."  Well, the defense should continue to "play football" call 8-man blitzes and plant Brady into the ground until BB pulls him from the game.  If you're down 35 - 0 with 13 minutes left in the fouth quarter and Brady continues to throw deep, why are you playing vanilla d?  Blitz!

I'm not gonna say Steelers will when we play them, but they're not gonna get away with running up the score. no way.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

Im picking the Colts, 28-24, b/c I'll be rooting for the Colts and I like thinking the team I'm rooting for is goin to win.

PLUS, I'm not buying the hype that the Pats are the best team ever; they put their cleats on 1 at a time just like the Colts.

I will say this about the Patriots, take the Patriots and the points when they play the Jets in Foxboro on 12/16!

TEO

Local excitement is starting to build.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

primushead

ESPN has been hyping this up the entire week.  Did you see the press conferences they've been airing on Manning and Brady?  They really seem to have a deep respect for one another.

I'd like to see what they have to say when the cameras are off, though.

aMD

brady's got 30 tds and 2 picks.  That's insane.  he's going to beat peyton td record if he stays healthy.

btw, the thing we were talking about with brady taking a cheap shot if they try running up the scores is starting to spread, I heard bill cower and charles barkley talking about it yesterday.  bellichek should really take heed.

bowl of soup

Quotebrady's got 30 tds and 2 picks.  That's insane.  he's going to beat peyton td record if he stays healthy.

btw, the thing we were talking about with brady taking a cheap shot if they try running up the scores is starting to spread, I heard bill cower and charles barkley talking about it yesterday.  bellichek should really take heed.

Wow, you're right.  I'd like to think that our little thread may play some role in Mr. Brady's potential suffering.  "Brady out for season: Bellicheck blames Bowl of Soup".
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMD

Quotebrady's got 30 tds and 2 picks.  That's insane.  he's going to beat peyton td record if he stays healthy.

Wow, you're right.  I'd like to think that our little thread may play some role in Mr. Brady's potential suffering.  "Brady out for season: Bellicheck blames Bowl of Soup".

i heard they're both racists anyway!  ;)

ycartrob

crazylove

May the "Good" prevail over evil :exclamation     Go COLT'S
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

MMJ_fanatic

8-0:  Let's go definitively NON-EVIL Patriots--show the world your the greatest team going!  
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ratsprayer

i'm soooooo ready for this thing to start.   :-?

Jon T.

Quotei'm soooooo ready for this thing to start.   :-?

WORD.

primushead

Is Marvin Harrison playing today?  Does anybody know?

ratsprayer

i heard he wants to, naturally, but tony doesn't want to risk it being a mid-season game.  that was friday though, so who knows if it's the same.