The Unexplained

Started by Taterbug, Dec 27, 2007, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

I have never been a believer of ghosts, or ufo's.
About 2 weeks ago I was home alone, the wife and my daughter were not home.
I own a cape cod style 2 story home built in the 20's.  I was upstairs walking past the stairway and I saw someone walk by at the bottom of the stairs, I  was totally sober, it buckled my knees. I then ran down stairs to see if someone broke into my house and I was getting robbed, my neighbor got broke into about 2 months ago so I was nervous.No luck, my house was locked up tighter than a drum and no signs of an intruder.
The only thing I remember was short gray hair and a long dark coat or a robe. It happened fast, Was I just seeing things or was it a ghost ? I have no explanation.

Has anyone else had an encounter or something happen that you can't explain ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

primushead

I've never had a ghost encounter, but I did have a ufo sighting once.

For real, it was when I was about 14 or 15 and I was hanging out on our back deck where we have a pretty sweeping view of the night sky.  I noticed a glowing orb in the distance and monitered it for about 30 minutes.  It just stood there, going slightly up and down and then all of a sudden it flew away at an incredible speed.  

I was baffled.

Sorry about your ghost though.  Maybe you should try and contact it?  It could be fun.

Taterbug

Ya think I should bust out the ouija board, maybe I'll open up a portal to another dimension or something.  

Your ufo could have been a satellite, but if it took off like a bat out of hell in an unusual direction that is ruled out.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Angry Ewok

Do not try to communicate with spirits, especially in your own home, where you have to live with the consequences...
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Taterbug

What consequences ?   like the ghost of chrismas future ?
I saw the exorcism of Emily Rose and it scared the crap out of me, shit like that creeps me out, maybe thats why I'm a skeptic, I'm in denial that they exist  and it's a defense mechanism.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote I was upstairs walking past the stairway and I saw someone walk by at the bottom of the stairs. Has anyone else had an encounter or something happen that you can't explain ?

Did you see this from the corner of your eye or straight on?  I see ghosts quite a bit--usually when I am alone.  I always catch the image from my periphery, which is where I have heard you typically pick them out.  It is very unnerving.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Taterbug

It was probably out of my periphery the best I can recall , and the object was moving twice as fast as I was walking.  Maybe my eyes are starting to go bad or something, I don't know, other than that I have no explanation for what I saw. Maybe I should call the guys from that show T.A.P.S.

ycartrob

never saw a ghost but have heard credible stories. I did see a UFO once with 8 other guys witnessing the same thing. I was in the Coast Guard on a small 82' patrol boat and we were steaming out to the Gulf of Maine right off the mainland around midnight. There was a serious ground fog with zero visibility, but you could see the stars overhead. We saw a circular pattern of amber lights above us that seemed to be hovering a couple hundred feet in the air. We brought the boat back to like 5 knots and we all went out on deck, and you could see (barely) the amber lights were bordered by an outline of some sort of craft, and it was totally silent. We flashed a spotlight at it and it flashed a white light back at us and slowly moved away. We all looked at each other and were speechless.