Outdoor NHL

Started by ycartrob, Jan 01, 2008, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

well, I guess the 4 week wait for college football to continue has taken a toll on my interest...

The Sabres/Penguins outdoor hockey game in the snow in Orchard Park is peaking my interest more than all these meaningless bowl games. I thought the pre-season was meaningless, not the post season.  Makes me sort of sad... :-/

(I do get to put my TV remote skills in full gear. I'm like 12th in the nation.)

happy new year

joey_rogo

Even tho the score was low and it went into a shootout I thought there were plenty of scoring chances. At least 4 posts during the game. Glad the penguins won, Crosby deserved it, he kicked ass all game. Definately more fun than the bowl games.

Jaimoe

It wasn't the most physical game by any means, but it was entertaining. Too bad Buffalo lost. NBC's coverage was surprisingly pretty good. I watched both feeds: CBC's Hockey Night in Canada and NBC. HNIC can't be beat, but NBC is getting better and better at broadcasting hockey. Even Costas didn't bother me.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteIt wasn't the most physical game by any means, but it was entertaining. Too bad Buffalo lost. NBC's coverage was surprisingly pretty good. I watched both feeds: CBC's Hockey Night in Canada and NBC. HNIC can't be beat, but NBC is getting better and better at broadcasting hockey. Even Costas didn't bother me.

yeah too bad buffalo lost (sike).......GO PENS!!!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

Pens looked sweet in the blue throwbacks. Some great images from the game here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=3176292
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!