SEC vs Big 10 Bowl Challenge

Started by ycartrob, Dec 05, 2007, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

QuoteSeeing Michigan dominate Florida IN FLORIDA I still don't give a rats ass about the SEC.

Winning by 6 points means dominating your opponent, in Michigan fan's head.   ;D ;D

I guess when you lose to App. State at home, and get blown out (actuallly dominated) by Oregon at home, a 6 point upset win over an SEC team is like the BCS Championship.

You Big 10 people are an odd bunch.
OUCH ; :)and noooooooooooo shit
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

What the fuck is this "rebuilding year" bullshit I keep hearing? The "our team is young" excuse is only good for the first three weeks or so - it doesn't work so well 6 MONTHS INTO THE SEASON!

What will be the excuse next year, when they've got 30+ Seniors on the roster?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

aMD

QuoteWhat the fuck is this "rebuilding year" bullshit I keep hearing? The "our team is young" excuse is only good for the first three weeks or so - it doesn't work so well 6 MONTHS INTO THE SEASON!

You have a lot of room to talk.  How about this for an excuse: we play for Ohio State who is expected to a national championship every year, if we played for Alabama this would have been the most successful year in decades.

You can say all you want about OSU but nothing can change the fact the they are a better team than yours, with a better record, more accolades, and a better winning tradition.

ycartrob

QuoteWhat the fuck is this "rebuilding year" bullshit I keep hearing? The "our team is young" excuse is only good for the first three weeks or so - it doesn't work so well 6 MONTHS INTO THE SEASON!

And how is it that a "rebuilding" Ohio State breezes throught the Big 10 schedule? But the Big 10 is a strong conference? Seems like a "rebuilding" Ohio State would lose more than 1 game in the fierce Big 10.

I find it very telling that the Big 10 is one of the biggest naysayers of a BCS playoff. The guys on ESPN were saying how the Big 10 likes things just the way they are b/c they can get 2 teams into BCS bowls (with that bogus Rose Bowl Big 10 payola).

Stop the nonsense, time for a playoff.

aMD

And how is it that a "rebuilding" Ohio State breezes throught the Big 10 schedule? But the Big 10 is a strong conference? Seems like a "rebuilding" Ohio State would lose more than 1 game in the fierce Big 10.

I find it very telling that the Big 10 is one of the biggest naysayers of a BCS playoff. The guys on ESPN were saying how the Big 10 likes things just the way they are b/c they can get 2 teams into BCS bowls (with that bogus Rose Bowl Big 10 payola).

Stop the nonsense, time for a playoff.

Hey, I know this bullshit system got my team (i mean, a team that happens to play in the same state as I was born and raised) a chance for a national title this year but I still say it's time for a playoff.

Bam_Bam

QuoteSeeing Michigan dominate Florida IN FLORIDA I still don't give a rats ass about the SEC.

Winning by 6 points means dominating your opponent, in Michigan fan's head.   ;D ;D

I guess when you lose to App. State at home, and get blown out (actuallly dominated) by Oregon at home, a 6 point upset win over an SEC team is like the BCS Championship.

Did you even watch the game? If you saw the same game I did then you would know that Florida was lucky not to have two more TDs hung on them. Mike Hart never fumbles and he fumbled TWICE inside the five yard line. Now i know that's our fault but it could have easily been in the fifties for us. They didn't stop our offense all game and we made Tebow look average.

And to answer your second part....yeah it's f*cking great to beat ESPN's poster boy Tebow in Florida when no one was giving us a chance in hell.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

ycartrob

Did you even watch the game? If you saw the same game I did then you would know that Florida was lucky not to have two more TDs hung on them. Mike Hart never fumbles and he fumbled TWICE inside the five yard line. Now i know that's our fault but it could have easily been in the fifties for us. They didn't stop our offense all game and we made Tebow look average.

And to answer your second part....yeah it's f*cking great to beat ESPN's poster boy Tebow in Florida when no one was giving us a chance in hell.

nice avatar Bam. I suggest you stare long and hard at it before you post again.  ;D

Bam_Bam

I see it. I already said i don't mind. Michigan beat Florida so I'm good for another few months. no response to my post? did you watch the Florida-Michigan game?

ycartrob

Bam, I already commented on that game, check out the NCAA Football 2007-2008
thread. I am really glad Michigan sent out Lloyd Carr on a high note after disgracing him and the maize n' blue during the regular season; I think Carr is a stand up guy. Florida considered playing Michigan in the Capital 1 Bowl as a consolation to where they wanted to go, whereas Michigan played that game as if it were a BCS Championship game.

That's what happened. You look really silly after losing to Appalachian State in your home opener, when it mattered. The Capital 1 Bowl didn't matter to Florida, sorry you thought it was a big game. It wasn't (for Florida).

Bam_Bam

Consolation for what? Florida was never gonna play in the NC game so this was the best bowl they could get! and if you watched the game you would've seen how pumped Florida was judging from their behavior before the game. . . take off your SEC sunglasses and realize that Michigan was a better team than Florida...it's that simple.

ycartrob

QuoteConsolation for what? Florida was never gonna play in the NC game so this was the best bowl they could get! and if you watched the game you would've seen how pumped Florida was judging from their behavior before the game. . . take off your SEC sunglasses and realize that Michigan was a better team than Florida...it's that simple.

Bam, I apologize for getting under your skin, I'll stop.

Michigan is the best team in the nation, 'nuff said.  :)

Bam_Bam

Haha that's not at all what i'm saying. Although i will say if Michigan was healthy all year it wouldn't have turned out like it did. Just as long as you acknowledge the fact that Michigan is better than Florida is good enough for me. Actually I don't need you to acknowledge it...we all know it's true 41-35.

ycartrob

QuoteHaha that's not at all what i'm saying. Although i will say if Michigan was healthy all year it wouldn't have turned out like it did. Just as long as you acknowledge the fact that Michigan is better than Florida is good enough for me. Actually I don't need you to acknowledge it...we all know it's true 41-35.

right, and with your logic, Div. 2 Appalachian State is better than Michigan.

and you're good with that. You'd rather your claim to fame being better than an SEC as long as you're worse than a Division 2 team....

your hate for the superior SEC is odd.

Bam_Bam

And Arkansas is better than LSU so is Kentucky...  ::)

My point is that with a full month to prepare for it and get healthy Michigan stomped on Florida.  I'm not gonna argue that the SEC is worse than the Big Ten because that'd be silly. I'm just tired of hearing how the SEC is SO far ahead of the Big Ten and every other conference when in reality, other than the NC game, they weren't that dominant in the bowls. I know they went 7-2 but most of those wins were pretty close games.

Angry Ewok

QuoteMy point is that with a full month to prepare for it and get healthy Michigan stomped on Florida.  I'm not gonna argue that the SEC is worse than the Big Ten because that'd be silly. I'm just tired of hearing how the SEC is SO far ahead of the Big Ten and every other conference when in reality, other than the NC game, they weren't that dominant in the bowls. I know they went 7-2 but most of those wins were pretty close games.

Damned if you do, damned it you don't...

SEC goes 7-2... Florida allowed an upset, by no means a stomping, and an uncoached and unranked Arkansas lost to #4 Missouri. Bottom line is that the SEC came up with a one-two punch... #1 and #2 in the Nation, with consecutive National Titles.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Bam_Bam

Were we all watching the same Florida game? We pounded Tebow all night, and were unfortunate to not score 2 touchdowns. We held Tebow to only 200 yards of offense, Harvin ran all over us but that was expected really, Florida was 2-11 on third down conversions...come on we trounced them.