Kevin Smith talks about Superman (the movie)

Started by ycartrob, Jan 12, 2008, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Kevin Smith talks about Superman (the movie) and all the absurdities of Hollywood. Classic, if you got 20 minutes to watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk

Angry Ewok

As weird as this may sound... I love listening to Kevin Smith's podcast (called SModcast, for those interested), I listen to it every week almost religiously, but I have never seen any of his films. Not even Clerks, even though people tell me I'd love it.

He's a comic book dork, loves Star Wars and Jaws, so I catch every single obscure reference he makes... I got a feeling me and him would get along pretty well.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

corey

I was a huge Kevin Smith fan for several years, reading newsaskew.com daily. I lost interest after Jersey Girl. When I heard about Clerks 2 coming out, I didn't really get excited. I have a copy here at home, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I was at the bookstore recently and picked up "My Boring Ass Life". The next week, I was in another bookstore and ran across "Silent Bob Speaks" and decided to pick it up as well. I always loved reading the shit he posted on the innernets.
I haven't read them yet, but I decided that I should break down and watch Clerks 2 soon since I've seen everything else he ever made. Maybe I'll get around to that this week.

I'm pretty sure that the Superman clip is from one of those "An Evening with Kevin Smith" DVDs. I have the first one around here somewhere and watched it when it first came out, but I don't have the 2nd one.