Main Menu

horror

Started by ycartrob, Jan 16, 2008, 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

JacketGal

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Angry Ewok

I worry that my son might not understand what I've tried to be... And if I were to be killed, Willard, I would want someone to go to my home and tell my son everything. Everything I did, everything... you saw... Because there is nothing I detest more than the stench of lies...

...And if you understand me, Willard, you'll do this for me.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Sleazy Rider

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

ycartrob

Jaimoe

Horror = being forced to listen to Nickelback while working out at the gym last night. Nothing beats that... well maybe the new single from Ashley Simpson, which makes anything by Fergie and Gwen Stefani sound like Lennon/McCartney compositions.

TheBigChicken

4 more fucking years of Bush ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

The DARK

QuoteHorror = being forced to listen to Nickelback while working out at the gym last night. Nothing beats that... well maybe the new single from Ashley Simpson, which makes anything by Fergie and Gwen Stefani sound like Lennon/McCartney compositions.

I didn't know she had a new one. I'm just going to live the rest of my life like I never heard that...
In another time, in another place, in another face

Angry Ewok

...you people have destroyed this thread.

I don't wanna take this goddamn shit, man... I didn't come here for this, I don't fucking need this. I didn't get outta the eighth grade for this, man.. All I wanted to do is fucking cook, I just wanted to learn to fucking cook.

primushead

Angry Ewok

One of my favorite books of all time. This thread has a chance, after all.

bowl of soup

Oh!  The Humanity!
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Taterbug

Being buried alive
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

fitzcarraldo

JacketGal

Have you ever considered any real freedoms? Freedoms from the opinion of others... even the opinions of yourself?

MarkW

I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Sleazy Rider

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

Angry Ewok

Did they say why, Willard, why they want to terminate my command?

I was sent on a classified mission, sir.

It's no longer classified, is it?

ycartrob

never get out of the boat

JacketGal

Are my methods unsound?