Water sports questions

Started by ycartrob, Jan 15, 2008, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

One morning, over at Elizabeth's beach house, she asked me if I'd rather go water-skiing or lay out. And I realized that not only did I not want to answer THAT question, but I never wanted to answer another water-sports question, or see any of these people again for the rest of my life.

MarkW

Watersports is indeed a tricky etiquette matter.  Who should raise the subject first?  Lady or gentleman?

Hang on.  I may have got the wrong end of the stick.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Angry Ewok

Water sports are for pussies.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

I generally try to avoid the subject all together. I like my pasty ass skin tone. Anytime I try to go shirtless or tank top in the summer, NASA calls me and tells me to cease and desist and put a shirt on as the reflection off of me is blinding the Hubble and other satellites.

TEO

I am a Pisces, so I swim like a fish.   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

QuoteI am a Pisces, so I swim like a fish.   :)

Hell yeah, a fellow Pisces! That means you have a birthday coming up...

I'm about as white as they come, my hands are practically translucent in cold weather, but I love the water. There's a very specific, intense type of relaxation that sets in after jumping in a cold river/lake/ocean, and then jumping out to bake on a hot beach or rock. And come summer time, there are few places I'd rather be than fishing on the Pitt River.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

primushead

Oh come on!! How can you people be so pompous about dissing watersports?!?  Water-skiing rules, as does water-fishing, water-gun-fights and water-drinkingbeer.  I'll take a recreation on a body of water over pretty much anything else ever.

pawpaw

QuoteOh come on!! How can you people be so pompous about dissing watersports?!?  Water-skiing rules, as does water-fishing, water-gun-fights and water-drinkingbeer.  I'll take a recreation on a body of water over pretty much anything else ever.

I've got to say, tubing down a river with a group of friends and a few cases of domestic beer is about as good a time as I could ask for.

Jaimoe

QuoteOh come on!! How can you people be so pompous about dissing watersports?!?  Water-skiing rules, as does water-fishing, water-gun-fights and water-drinkingbeer.  I'll take a recreation on a body of water over pretty much anything else ever.

I'm a good waterskier and swimmer, but I don't find either activity fun, although both are good sources of excercise. What's the difference between "water-fishing" and plain old fishing, unless the landshark legends are true afterall?

BH

Quotewater-drinkingbeer.  

I will take on anyone and everyone in this sport.  Bring it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

I'm a good waterskier and swimmer, but I don't find either activity fun, although both are good sources of excercise. What's the difference between "water-fishing" and plain old fishing, unless the landshark legends are true afterall?

There's no difference really.  I just had to use the water prefix to stay with the theme of water sports.

EAZYE

Quotewater-drinkingbeer.  

I will take on anyone and everyone in this sport.  Bring it.

You're on! ;D  Very common in my home state, u can usually find a lot of skinny old white men with some daisy duke jean shorts on slammin budweisers like it's a second full time job. :-?

Loves me some wakeboarding, floating a river, and peeing in the water :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

.Walt

Quoteor see any of these people again for the rest of my life.

;D
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jaimoe

I like some frozen water sports more than the thawed kind.

TEO

I'm about as white as they come, my hands are practically translucent in cold weather, but I love the water. There's a very specific, intense type of relaxation that sets in after jumping in a cold river/lake/ocean, and then jumping out to bake on a hot beach or rock. And come summer time, there are few places I'd rather be than fishing on the Pitt River.

:)
I have a birthday coming up my new found friend.......that would be March 3 for the BIG 5-0! Taking an eight night Eastern Caribbean cruise to celebrate the fact that I have actually made it to half of a century.  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

:)
I have a birthday coming up my new found friend.......that would be March 3 for the BIG 5-0! Taking an eight night Eastern Caribbean cruise to celebrate the fact that I have actually made it to half of a century.  

Well, I can't think of a better way to celebrate 50! I'm on March 15th (The Ides), and I'm actually turning 30 this year.

bowl of soup

I prefer bottle rockets.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

QuoteI prefer bottle rockets.

cha-ching

thatswhatshesaid

being a pisces too, i concur my friend. more so fishing but i enjoy a good swim occasionally too. dont forget underwater basket weaving!!!

Taterbug

Me pisces too  ;).     I enjoy the ocean, a little body surfing. My only problem is I need  my wife to wax my back,  ( I love it when she does it, she makes a  gagging noise like she just threw up in her mouth.)  :).  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe