Baseball = Steroids

Started by rccola71, Dec 13, 2007, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Damn....Bonds , now Clemens .  SAD :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

knotcameloose

Yeah, as if we needed another reason to hate that two-timing, false-retiring douche bag.

aMD

I think it's been pretty obvious for years that clemens has been juicing and no one has wanted to call him on the carpet.  you'd think he'd want to get out while the getting's  good but he couldn't resist that yankee money or he just thought he couldn't get caught.  I always wondered why that part of the "clemens is coming back again" stories was never told, but I guess now it will be.  I don't know what actually happened, I'm guessing he's got hard evidence against him now?

Jon T.

This report comes out in about 15 minutes.  Don't you know there are some nervous mofo's in MLB.  Time to pay the piper...

LizKing531

400+ pages!!!

This Fark forum has a pretty stripped down overview of the report (with random BS - it is Fark after all)

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3267148

It is pretty much a who's who of MLB

mjkoehler

Thank goodness Pujols isn't on the official list that I saw on CNN. Big shock, John Rocker is. Gee that explains the insanity.

aMD

Here's the report.  as lizking said, it's over 400 pages.

http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf

not much of a surprise. i think everyone knew this.  whatever happened to actual reporters breaking stories?  Now we have to have Congress intervene and commission investigations in order for the truth to be told.  There are some sports reporters I respect a lot, but it infuriates me that they sat on this story for so long.  now I'm sure they'll act like it's a horrible travesty that ball players were doing roids when the truth is they benefited from the cheating so they didn't report it.

knotcameloose

Headline around the nation:

Mitch Slapped.

:D

bearass

.Walt

we all knew roger was going to be named. so far, there hasn't been any "treat roger like barry." which is good so far. i would be the first one to put down roger like barry. but unlike barry, roger is taking actions to clear his name. that's big. bonds never did anything like that. because he DID admit in court that he did use HGH, unknowingly or not, he did say he used. roger on the other hand IS taking people to court to clear his name. which is the right move at this time.

i believe roger used. i believe he should get treated like bonds, but its hard to do that when he's really trying to defend himself, unlike bonds.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TheBigChicken

I'm not an attorney but I heard on a talk show(radio) that his law suit might prevent him from immediately talking to Congress. They also stated that he was playing a HUGE hand by doing so. Is anyone here an attorney?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

LizKing531

I read a clip in the paper the other day talking about Mary J Blige, 50 Cent & someone else from the hip hop world as "being linked to the use of performance enhancing drugs"

I wonder what the next big scapegoat EVERYBODY PANIC bs is gonna be next?  

Jaimoe

No wonder Mary J. Blige flips out all the time: it's roid rage.