The NFL Thread - 2007-08 style!!!

Started by aMD, Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

The Raider Nation is getting restless...the Broncos are coming to town.

If we can get this game on Sunday, I'll consider this season a success. Improved deficiencies from last season (O-Line, Rushing), beating the Chiefs in KC AND the Broncos at home, and drafting a promising QB with the first draft pick.

Aside from all that, there was an article written in the SF Chronicle this week, linking the Raiders head coach to the Arkansas vacancy. I'm still not sure how I feel about Kiffin, but he's outperforming Art Shell and Norv Turner, definitely a step forward. I'd hate for Al Davis to run another talented, young coach out of town.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ManNamedTruth

Quote[size=18]Who DEY think they gonna beat dem bengals!?!?![/size]

[size=24]NOBODY!!![/size]

so how's that working out for ya?

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

pawpaw

Well, I went to the Raiders game, got everything I wanted and more; it was such a fucking sweet victory. JaMarcus Russell played for a few possesions in the 2nd quarter, and looked pretty comfortable for his first time on an NFL field. The Raiders defense looked strong (no, really, they really did), clamping down on the Broncos running game, and forcing 4 turnovers. The O-Line didn't allow one sack all day, and allowed Fargas to run for 150 yards (or so). And McCown didn't do anything stupid, actually looked and played like a leader, and was a very efficient passer.

Lastly, Raiders fans are fucking insane. The Coliseum rocks so hard when we smell blood, and we were raging for all four quarters yesterday. Sure, it's just one win, and the Raiders are still a middle of the pack team at best, but the win yeserday showed a solid, mistake (stupid penalty) free team with a lot of potential.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

primushead

So...it appears the reason the Patriots are 12-0 is because of an NFL conspiracy.   ::)

MMJ_fanatic

Those Ravens are some serious cry babies--my gawd! :'(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

Well, it's 14-13 in the Pats-Steelers game.  

I really, really hope that the Steelers pull this one out.  For reals.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWell, it's 14-13 in the Pats-Steelers game.  

I really, really hope that the Steelers pull this one out.  For reals.

:(

ManNamedTruth

An important win for the steelers today, but it came with a price. Willie Parker is out for the season with a broken right fibula or something. There goes his chance at the rushing title. Davenport filled in nicely.  Big Ben's 3rd game with perfect QB rating, tying Peyton Manning.

brkndwnbus

I always felt Davenport should be the main back with Parker coming in for a change of pace...so, I am not worried about Davenport taking over...just need some help this weekend...cleveland or Tenn. needs to lose.

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

aMD

Quotefuck this sucks :'(

I won't beat up on you too much, obviously my team's already home. I actually came to talk about what a class individual ben rothlisberger is.  He waited for David Garrard to finish an interview after the game when most of his team was already in the locker room sulking in order to congratulate garrard.  Then he took total responsibility for the loss in the post0game press conference.  No one is willing to do that these days.  I have a lot of respect for Big Ben despite the uniform he dons every week.  Shittsburgh doesn't deserve him (sorry true, just had to throw that in there).

TheBigChicken

Quotefuck this sucks :'(

I won't beat up on you too much, obviously my team's already home. I actually came to talk about what a class individual ben rothlisberger is.  He waited for David Garrard to finish an interview after the game when most of his team was already in the locker room sulking in order to congratulate garrard.  Then he took total responsibility for the loss in the post0game press conference.  No one is willing to do that these days.  I have a lot of respect for Big Ben despite the uniform he dons every week.  Shittsburgh doesn't deserve him (sorry true, just had to throw that in there).
yeah that was straight up class...especially for now days athletes
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Taterbug

Anybody else jumping on the Jacksonville band wagon.
I like there chances, if the can keep the Pat's off the field with the running game and force some turnovers they got a SLIGHT chance.  Any given sunday baby.

GET THAT MOJO WORKIN.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

primushead

Holy shit!  Are you seeing the snow in Green Bay right now?!  WHITE OUT.

ycartrob

you know, between Merriman's sack dance (which isn't taunting?) and Rivers' baby faced trash talk, the Chargers aren't one of my favorite teams in the NFL.

TEO

Quoteyou know, between Merriman's sack dance (which isn't taunting?) and Rivers' baby faced trash talk, the Chargers aren't one of my favorite teams in the NFL.

How about Sanders just taunting their kicker? GO COLTS!!!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ycartrob

Quoteyou know, between Merriman's sack dance (which isn't taunting?) and Rivers' baby faced trash talk, the Chargers aren't one of my favorite teams in the NFL.

How about Sanders just taunting their kicker? GO COLTS!!!

yeah, that was weird. The announcers said those 2 went to college together, so maybe it was a"fun" taunt or perhaps some old bad blood. Either way, dumb move.
Just play football.

primushead

Payton played very sub-par today.  And the colts had something like 3/10 3rd down conversions...you can't win with that.