question for modaroboto

Started by EC, Jan 24, 2008, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

r, which font did you use for the news item talking about the radio city music hall show?  it looks like futura bold, which is wes anderson's font.

we should really have a nerd emoticon.

CC

Futura XBlk BT

it's also stanley kubrick's font

word

EC

red

Dear font nerds:

Where can I get my hands on these Futura fonts (wishingly for free)?  Oh, the near-alliteration kills me!  

Sincerely,
Kaley

(This is probably my favourite thread ever.)

EC

a really good way to get some great fonts is to date a graphic designer for a while.

there are lots of free font sites like
www.typenow.net or
www.fontface.com

i think that the futura font is one you have to buy.

anyhow, in other news, don't you owe me an email? (hint)

aMD

my edition of microsoft word already has it. Don't know which version of word it is.

EC

really?  i know that my edish of word, which is about 2003, didn't have it, so yours is probably a newer version.

we could totally turn this into a font nerd thread if we want.  i have a few faves:
helvetica (i really love helvetica, and i got excited when they made a doc about it)  here is a very cool read if you're a nerd (ps nerds are the best): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica
did anybody see the movie?  i have not seen it, yet - it was at the film festival here, but i really don't like that festival.

nueva std - i like that one a fair bit

dev gothic is pretty good

i've always been a fan of book antiqua

i like the univers lt series, as well

thatswhatshesaid

i alway use comic sans. its all charlie browny!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Quotei like the univers lt series, as well

Univers changed my life. i have no shame in admitting how lame i am.

Also wonderful? Din. that's a keeper. I have some friends who are obsessed with Clarendon and i'm starting to see why.

i downloaded this free program called FontSampler that makes it easy to view all your fonts.... i love to thumb through it.

This is the lamest stuff i've ever said on this board. still not ashamed.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

EC

no shame.
ps i don't know those fonts you mentioned, so i'm going to have to look at them now.  unless you want to make me a pdf of what they look like thankssss.

Dorothy_Mantooth

i have a folder with tons of fonts that i can send you, but i don't know if they're PC compatible skank thanks
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."