movies vs television

Started by Chills, Jan 27, 2008, 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

Quotedefinitely tv now...tv is so good, i haven't really seen a movie in a couple years (other than into the wild)

and my attention span (also) is so bad now, i have to force myself to watch a movie.

You have to actually watch movies to make an argument. Also, some of you said that you don't have the attention-span to watch films all the way through. I think this has more to do with your undiagnosed ADD than it does with movies. For the most part, TV spoon-feeds and/or is serialized, making it easy to follow on an episode to episode basis, hence you liking TV better.

if i want a challenge, i'll read a book--my life is already challenging enough.  i disagree though and think the better writers are writing for tv--especially the showtime, HBO shows

Ah, but HBO and Showtime are in a grey area since they fall outside the real of network broadcasting. Their budgets per series are often way higher than regular shows; see Rome and Deadwood. It's still TV, but they are not in the same scale as  as Fox or NBC, plus they have far more freedom to do what they want, similar to movies.

Movies don't have to be challenging, many of the good ones aren't.  

Ruff Draught

i don't have cable and i love it. the only channel on my tv that is programmed is PBS. although i do love some regular shows that do come on tv, you can usually find a site online to watch them.

and i do have a hefty collection of dvds. but, here's the kicker... no dvd player. i know, it doesn't make any sense. i've been meaning to buy a cheap one. but other things always seem to take priority.