Very cool picture

Started by rccola71, Feb 13, 2008, 07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Yeah unfortunately so. I just know that MMJ or DBT will be in Memphis the day after I leave  :-/

One night in SF by myself, 3 nights in Memphis (do you get many hookers on EPB?) & then it's off to meet the wife in Vegas...

He's not said anything yet but I'm pretty sure Tracy's thinking of coming out to see me  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ycartrob

QuoteYeah unfortunately so. I just know that MMJ or DBT will be in Memphis the day after I leave  :-/

One night in SF by myself, 3 nights in Memphis (do you get many hookers on EPB?) & then it's off to meet the wife in Vegas...

He's not said anything yet but I'm pretty sure Tracy's thinking of coming out to see me  ;)

Hey, if you're 3 nights in Memphis, I am tempted to drive on over and take you to the best barbecue in Memphis ( http://www.cbqmemphis.com/ ) and then over to Graceland Too in Holly Springs, Miss.  

BH

Holy crap, now I'm hungry.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Damn! Is there a more noble creature then the tasty hog? He giveth us soooo much and asks for very little in return. Other then to be dry rubbed, smoked, dipped, then consumed. OK this really makes me want to take a road trip.

Jon T.

Ribs will be had tonight!

bowl of soup

I once got drunk and posted a seven page account of my trip home from my Father's house with my kids and not a sole responded.  I cried, I cursed, and then came to the conclusion that this is an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.  And I was drunk.

I love all of you deeply in an electronic way (Tracy, I love you in a way that only we will ever know), but for the most part this is a cool place to waste time with people who are generally very cool and usually have an interesting taste in music.  It keeps my old ass somewhat up to date with new music.

I may never meet any of you in person (allthough Bonarroo with my brother is becoming a possibility), but I enjoy your company.

The west coast of Florida can really destroy your mind - don't let it happen to you RC.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

dragonboy

QuoteYeah unfortunately so. I just know that MMJ or DBT will be in Memphis the day after I leave  :-/

Hey, if you're 3 nights in Memphis, I am tempted to drive on over and take you to the best barbecue in Memphis ( http://www.cbqmemphis.com/ ) and then over to Graceland Too in Holly Springs, Miss.  
I would honestly love that Tracy & would happily pay for your gas & BBQ  :)

I arrive in Memphis on the 25th (about 6pm I think) & then have 2 full days before I fly to Vegas on the 28th.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Damn, too bad you are not hitting Memphis on the weekend.

dragonboy

Need me to phone Mr. Nestle himself, try & get you the day off  ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteNeed me to phone Mr. Nestle himself, try & get you the day off  ;)

Willy Wonka is a hard man to work for. Ask these poor bastards. Working on a possible plan

tomEisenbraun

hey, what month is this we're talking about?

I've got grandparents in Memphis that would love to see me, and I'd love to go see Graceland for the first time--I spent the first five years of my life in the Memphis suburbs and then my dad lived there til i was at least 11 or 13 and still haven't made it to Graceland!

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

Quotehey, what month is this we're talking about?

I've got grandparents in Memphis that would love to see me, and I'd love to go see Graceland for the first time--I spent the first five years of my life in the Memphis suburbs and then my dad lived there til i was at least 11 or 13 and still haven't made it to Graceland!
June  :)

Wouldn't that be amazing?!!

If we were to go to Graceland together Tom you'd have to promise not to laugh when I break down & cry @ Elvis's grave  ;)

tomEisenbraun

dude--if you cry, there's a strong chance I'll cry, too.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

pawpaw

QuoteGive me a day & I'll send them back home to St. Charles singing Suspicious Minds & wanting to know why they can't grow side-burns  ;)  

Suspicious Minds is my one and only song that I've ever sung and had properly recorded. Let me back up...I'm not a singer, musician, anything really. In college I was drinking with some friends who are legitimate musicians, and who had access to a school recording studio. After a few hours of sucking off a Sierra Nevada keg and listening to some Elvis compilation, we got the great idea to drop into the studio to record Suspicious Minds. They had keys, and were pretty sure that it was available, since it was after midnight. I mostly hung around and drank while they set up drums, worked out the microphones, and on the spot learned how to play and then record the song. Then when it was my turn, I sang, throwing in all the "hunka-hunka"s and karate kicks I could (the kicks, unfortunately, didn't show up so well on the audio recording). By sunrise we had a finished copy; it actually wasn't completely horrible, but more hilarious than anything.

I used to have a copy, still probably do, though I haven't been able to find it for several years. Suspicious Minds really is a great song though. It's also the only song I've ever sang karaoke to.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

dragonboy

What a great story! Thanks so much for posting Bbill  ;D  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

pawpaw

QuoteWhat a great story! Thanks so much for posting Bbill  ;D  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's funny, I hadn't thought about that for years, not until I saw this thread.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."