Superdelegates?

Started by crazylove, Feb 18, 2008, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazylove

OK, along the same avenue as my last thread.

What does everyone think about the use of the "superdelegates"?

Should the popular vote carry the nomination, or should the superdelegates be a
factor in the nomination of the Democratic Presidential candidate?  What if their vote goes against the popular vote?

"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

aMD

I think superdelegates are about the dumbest thing I've heard of since a "Hanging chad". But it just further proof that we do not live in a democracy.  The people's choice only goes so far.

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteI think superdelegates are about the dumbest thing I've heard of since a "Hanging chad". But it just further proof that we do not live in a democracy.  The people's choice only goes so far.
i totally agree with you dylan. why bother to vote if our opinions dont matter? i have often wondered if "voting" is just a way that the government can keep you on the grid. the 2000 election proved that the people's opinion means about as much as a bag of shit.

mjkoehler

Couldn't agree more. Whatever happened to us being "By The People For The People". That's such horseshit when ya look at how the President is acctually elected (superdelegates and electoral college). ugh I hate politics

kyjed48

Yeah, I'm with you guys.  These so-called "Superdelegates" are why the candidate with the most money always gets the nomination.  They get their super pockets stuffed!  We all need to throw some tea the harbor!
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

thatswhatshesaid

QuoteWe all need to throw some tea the harbor!
that needs to be a t-shirt.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

even the ones who say they are 'undecided' are clearly not undecided...clintons have all the superdelegates in their backpocket...half of them worked in the clinton white house or are good friends w/them---look how they stabbed howard dean in the back and put kerry (blech) in the nomination
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMD

Quoteeven the ones who say they are 'undecided' are clearly not undecided...clintons have all the superdelegates in their backpocket...half of them worked in the clinton white house or are good friends w/them---look how they stabbed howard dean in the back and put kerry (blech) in the nomination

that's not how I recall that it all went down.  :-/

Penny Lane

sorry--i mean the ALL the dems stabbed howard dean in the back :P

mjkoehler

So that's what caused Dean to scream out Arrrrrgh!

sorry couldn't reist.

Penny Lane

i loved how they played it on howard stern OVER and OVER...funny

aMD

Quotesorry--i mean the ALL the dems stabbed howard dean in the back :P

I'm pretty sure what happened was dean was supposed to be getting the young vote but found out that young people just like to vote on the internet not in voting booths.  and the shouting thing.  i don't think the clintons had anything to do with it.  correct me if i'm wrong though.

tomEisenbraun

isn't it great how a person can completely lose all cred from the captured audio from a very serene sounding lapel mic in the midst of a big number of screaming (yet out of lapel-mic-range) fans?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

easy jim

let's say Barack wins out.  Can the superdelegates trump the obvious popular decision and nominate Hillary?
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

mjkoehler

Quotelet's say Barack wins out.  Can the superdelegates trump the obvious popular decision and nominate Hillary?
I believe they can. A couple States were trying to get something passed forcing them to vote for whoever won the popular vote to avoid this result.