Scrabulous on Facebook...

Started by the_twilight_kid, Feb 07, 2008, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzcarraldo

...is addicting. Who wants to play?  :)

aMD

easy jim

Quote...is addicting. Who wants to play?  :)

let's play...
nashville network...chet
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

aMD

Quotewhat is it?

I'm playing in practice mode now.  give me a bit on this one.

colleen

I've been playing it so much I think I might need someone to make an intervention. I've gotten to know the scrabulous robot oh too well in the practice games. Oh, the countless ways to procrastinate.

evergreen network
albany, new york network

colleen

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

easy jim

I've played scrabble aplenty but i'm new to scrabulous so if someone can feel
comfortable kicking ass without remorse, i'm your guy

nashville network
belmont network (probably a better chance of finding me here)

colleen

You can get mad points if you stack rows of words. Especially if you cover the red or pink squares (triple or double word score). Last night I got 131 points for the word gruesome because it hit red, blue and was stacked with a couple of other words.

fitzcarraldo

QuoteI've played scrabble aplenty but i'm new to scrabulous so if someone can feels comfortable kicking ass without remorse, i'm your guy

ha ha, right now i'm getting owned by my gf. I'll find ya Chet in a lil while (still trying to figure facebook out here).  Yeah, this is a good laugh.

easy jim

QuoteYou can get mad points if you stack rows of words. Especially if you cover the red or pink squares (triple or double word score). Last night I got 131 points for the word gruesome because it hit red, blue and was stacked with a couple of other words.

not sure if i want to play you, colleen...131?

aMD

how do you stack the tiles?

colleen

Quotehow do you stack the tiles?

It's a little hard to explain without a picture, but if you play with the robot (on practice games) that is the strategy it (he/she) employs. I'll try to describe it. So, say you have a word like "tidy" going horizontally and in your letters, you also have the letters "d" and "o" If you place the word "do" horizontally directly under the "id" in "tidy," you'll get more points, especially if d or o falls on a pink or red square because then it doubles or triples both words. The more clever you get at strategically placing tiles, the more points you get.

easy jim

so i guess it's not like that game "up words" where you physically stack the tiles, covering up the ones underneath.

colleen

No. It's just like scrabble. Maybe I should have said have words run parallel to each other. You know you're addicted when you develop your own slang to describe your scrabulous moves.

aMD

Quoteso i guess it's not like that game "up words" where you physically stack the tiles, covering up the ones underneath.

that's what i was thinking too

ManNamedTruth

I lost SO MANY times cause i didn't understand how to get lots of points by stacking and by getting words in the pink and blue squares. i'm much better now. start a game with me if you want (sean, colleen)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

fitzcarraldo

ha ha, have you seen my record?!  :-[  

New game started!  :)

EC

MarkW

love scrabulous.  We should start a MMJ board competition.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

fitzcarraldo

Quoteme, too, me, too!

Let us play!  

Yeah that'd be fun Mark!  Lets look into it.