Someone help me identify this animal

Started by Dorothy_Mantooth, Mar 05, 2008, 01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorothy_Mantooth

okay so this little guy rolled up on my aunt and uncle's porch in san antonio. he stayed huddled in the corner and was really hungry and sad looking. what the hell IS this creature? To me, he looks like a cross between a 'possum and a raccoon... But could that be possible? verdict.

it's a bit heartbreaking, now that i look at it.
"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

tomEisenbraun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacomistle
???

wikipedia has a good resource that points toward similar animals--bout to see what I can find for your possum...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMD

Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacomistle
???

wikipedia has a good resource that points toward similar animals--bout to see what I can find for your possum...

that article said that the cacomistle's habitat stretches from southern mexico to panama, so that can't be it.  I don't know what it is but it looks frightened and out of place.  did you call animal control or try to feed it or anything?

thatswhatshesaid

dragonboy

Quoteit kind of looks like a fox.
You're kidding, right?!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Taterbug

It looks like the bastard child of a raccoon and a possum.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

thatswhatshesaid

Quoteit kind of looks like a fox.
You're kidding, right?!!
umm......no.  hence "kind of."

Drunkre

it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

tomEisenbraun

problem is, the proportions are all off for the ringtail. didn't see the southern part of the "southern mexico" sort of messes that up...

i honestly don't know. where's Rats when you need him...?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

pawpaw

Yeah, I think it's a ringtail. It looks frightened and ornery too...those little eyes look like their scheming on how to jack whoever took the picture to get some food.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

aMD

Quoteproblem is, the proportions are all off for the ringtail. didn't see the southern part of the "southern mexico" sort of messes that up...

I miss Rats!

:'(

bowl of soup

Quoteproblem is, the proportions are all off for the ringtail. didn't see the southern part of the "southern mexico" sort of messes that up...

I miss Rats!

:'(

I second that emotion.  We both had deep man crushes on Greg Dulli and nobody else understands.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

kyjed48

Quotechupacabra ;D

You win the cookie!  :)
[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]