Cornhole/Bags

Started by havibulin, Mar 06, 2008, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

havibulin

I just wanted to personally invite each and every one of you on the Forum to the Midwest's best bags tournament - The River City Bags Classic. Those who need an explanation of what "bags" or cornhole is need not apply.

The tourney will benefit The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and takes place in Peoria, IL on June 21st. The event features food, drink and live music in addition to a number of other entertainment activities. This year we are going to cap off registration at 128 teams, so register early. Cash prizes to the top few places as well as numerous other prizes.

My goal, of course, is to grow this thing for next year so that we can have the Jacket be our headliner. Help me make this happen - i know of nothing better than the mystical bags, brew, and Jacket combo!

For info and to join our mailing list, go here: //www.rivercitybagsclassic.com
or e-mail me here: info@rivercitybagsclassic.com

catch you later...
Nick

The DARK

This would be great if I lived anywhere near there. I love cornhole!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

QuoteThis would be great if I lived anywhere near there. I love cornhole!  :D
:-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

LEATHER KID

QuoteThis would be great if I lived anywhere near there. I love cornhole!  :D
That's what she said.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

The DARK

Does it really sound that bad?  :-?

It's just bean bag toss, y'all.  ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bean_bag_toss

Pardon my innocence.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

Damn I love a good game of cornhole...anybody gonna cornhole today...who is home and who is away? Your cornhole or mine...shirts or skins... ;D ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

aMD

I've been meaning to start this thread for a while.  We built our own cornhole boards last summer.  We were heavy into lawn games last summer and cornhole was king!

Not cornholing today though, there's a foot of snow on the ground.  :-/

Cornhole is HUGE in Ohio, especially for tailgating.  There's a bar down the road from us that has a weekly cornhole tournament and peeps are taking that shit serious!

[size=16]Here are some action CORNHOLE shots from last year's Jacketfest:[/size]

mjkoehler

You know, I knew all the years as a kid practicing that damn bucket toss from the Bozo Show would come in handy sometime.

Jon T.

QuoteYou know, I knew all the years as a kid practicing that damn bucket toss from the Bozo Show would come in handy sometime.

That is hilarious.  I can't tell you how much my brother and I used to practice for.........THE....GRAND....PRIZE....GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colleen

Dylan,
Do you have the specs for the boards you made? I need some more cornhole practice under my belt before another match with you professionals, so maybe I'll make me a board.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

aMD

ours is 4' X 2' X 6" with the back of the board 12" off the ground.  but regulation is 4' X 2' X 4" with the back of the board 12" off the ground.

you better get practicing!  ;)