NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteYeah Brad, I saw the trash throwing on the highlight reel.  What was the deal with it?  Were they just pissed off that Alabama won?  Or was there a deeper reason?  It seemed pretty juvenile...at least of what i saw.

A deeper reason? The fans thought they got a bad call at the end. And yes, it was juvenile.

You know, we're close to having some crazy shit happen this year. If Cal loses tonight (or down the road) and Ohio St. gets upset at some point, then we could easily be looking at a Boston College/South Florida title game. Can anyone say BCS Playoff format fast enough if we see that title game?

Mizzou is looking good on the road! Can they keep it up...

primushead

Amen.  I really hope that BC and USF play for the championship.  I really do think that would at least get the ball rolling to a playoff system.

primushead

AHHHH!!! THE CLOWN IS BACK!!!!! I'm freaked out again by your avatar Tracy.

BH

I thought we had it there for just a second.... :-[
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

[size=48]CAL LOSES TO OREGON STATE!!!  :D :D :D[/size]

OHIO STATE SOON TO BE #1!!!
In another time, in another place, in another face

EAZYE

WOW!!!!! ;)

I have to give a shout out to BH and his Tigers.  Missouri is the real deal.  So is the quarterback from South Lake Carrol, Chase Daniels.  If it's any consolation Hermo I don't want to play you guys in the Big 12 championship game.  If that game is in Mizzou, OU doesn't pull out the W.

I'm never a big fan of questioning the talented Bob Stoops, he has forgotten more about football than I will ever know but why go for two when we were up 11.  Kick the extra point and make it a two touchdown game instead of a touchdown, two point conversion and a field goal.  Wouldn't trade him for any other coach but..... :-/

Now lets see how far we move up in the polls with the shakedown that happenned with all the teams that lost in front of us today.

That being said next Jacket concert in St. Louis, beers are on you Hermo, cuz I'll definitely be there, and maybe a little pre-concert coughing will be n order as well, if you know what I mean ;).  

Cheers to you guys winning the North [smiley=beer.gif].  I'm off to harrass the drunk college girls on campus corner. ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Angry Ewok

QuoteYeah Brad, I saw the trash throwing on the highlight reel.  What was the deal with it?  Were they just pissed off that Alabama won?  Or was there a deeper reason?  It seemed pretty juvenile...at least of what i saw.

The final play of the game was an Ole Miss hail mary, 4th down with about 5 seconds on the clock. The Ole Miss receiver ran about 4 feet out of bounds before re-entering to make the catch. The catch was tipped/intercepted by Bama, then stripped by the same receiver who had gone out of bounds.

Although the pass was marked down on the 3 yard line with 3 seconds, Coach Saban used a timeout to call a review on the play. Smart move, I don't know if the referees were going to bother reviewing it, for some reason. After the review, the call was over-turned, the pass ruled incomplete due to the receiver being ineligible on the play... and Alabama took a knee to win it.

Obviously, the game of football would be totally fucked up if you could run in and out of bounds on a route, so it was the right call. Some of the Ole Miss folks got a bit carried away and caught up in the moment, and threw bottles/cups/etc.

That isn't the end of Ole Miss' sore-loser conduct...

One of Alabama's coaches was assaulted upon leaving the pressbox, after the game.  Give me a fucking break, dudes...

On the opposite end of the Sportsmanship Spectrum...

I noticed after Georgia pulled out a win against Vanderbilt, the Dogs' coach absolutely ripped his players a new asshole for celebrating. A dozen or so Bulldogs players started dancing on Vanderbilt's 50 yard line, and Coach Richt ran up and just blasted them. He totally shamed them for acting like children... That's a good man. He even apologized to the Vanderbilt coach for the brief celebration.

Big kudos to him for trying to enforce a pinch of class on his boys.

With LSU and Cal down, I'm guessing Ohio State and Boston College are next? The National Title game might be sort of lame with a bunch of unknowns...

;D
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

Quotewhy go for two when we were up 11.  Kick the extra point and make it a two touchdown game instead of a touchdown, two point conversion and a field goal.  

I was wondering the same...

bowl of soup

QuoteAmen.  I really hope that BC and USF play for the championship.  I really do think that would at least get the ball rolling to a playoff system.

As a graduate of The University of West Florida and Tampa-area resident, I feel somewhat qualified to comment on USF.  USF is way better than you think.  They've built this program for 11 years for this moment, and no Snake Saban, it hasn't been done by cheating.

You see, Florida is full of people who can run really, really fast and UF, FSU, and Miami don't have enough scholarships.  Leavitt turned downed Alabama for a reason - USF is a better job.  Nice hat, Snake.

USF's defense misses no tackles and its offense is soooooo much better than it showed against WVU.  All of this "USF could play for the national championship" talk is done with a wink and a nod.  Keep up that thinking and remember USF is a win against Rutgers and UCINN from making this a reality.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Angry Ewok

QuoteLeavitt turned downed Alabama for a reason - USF is a better job.

Put down the crack pipe.

ycartrob

The final play of the game was an Ole Miss hail mary, 4th down with about 5 seconds on the clock. The Ole Miss receiver ran about 4 feet out of bounds before re-entering to make the catch. The catch was tipped/intercepted by Bama, then stripped by the same receiver who had gone out of bounds.

Although the pass was marked down on the 3 yard line with 3 seconds, Coach Saban used a timeout to call a review on the play. Smart move, I don't know if the referees were going to bother reviewing it, for some reason. After the review, the call was over-turned, the pass ruled incomplete due to the receiver being ineligible on the play... and Alabama took a knee to win it.

Actually, Ole Miss would have had the ball on the 4 with 7 seconds left. The announcers were discussing whether they would take a shot at the end zone during the Bama time out. Plus there was a discussion if the Bama player had forced the Ole Miss receiver out of bounds and who touched the ball first upon coming back onfield. It wasn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

As for the refs not reviewing it at first, it's probably the same reason they didn't review the clear Bama fumble before the end of the first half.

Angry Ewok

I may have seconds and yards wrong, but the replay was pretty cut and dry. The review team, the commentators, and Coach Saban all agreed that the Reb took his route out of bounds and thus rendered himself ineligible.

bowl of soup

QuoteLeavitt turned downed Alabama for a reason - USF is a better job.

Put down the crack pipe.

Look it up brother.  The Grand Dragons, oops, I mean chancellors of U of A wanted Mr. Leavitt more than I want that next hit.  Greg Norman's Hat tries shitting on USF without the proper facts and an undeniable history of lizard-like behavior.

I've been to Tuscaloosa.  One of my best friends (and his very hot sister) was resident of that fair city and wound up at UWF.  I liked my friend (and his very hot sister) and frequented the good ole U of A and all I can say is thank god I'm white.

The first time I was in Alabama was for a U of A vs. Auburn Thanksgiving football game in Birmingham.  Most frequent phrase heard that day:  "When's that nigger boy getting back here with the coke?"  Yikes.

Here's to hoping the Bulls get to play the Tide boxes.  You'll see what I mean.

ycartrob

bowl of soup

Wow, I finally got censored.  Black person boy?

ycartrob

QuoteWow, I finally got censored.  Black person boy?

well, good ribbing and having fun is one thing, but calling U of A a bunch of racists and klan members is another. Perhaps you should take it down a notch?

Angry Ewok

That doesn't even deserve a response.

bowl of soup

QuoteWow, I finally got censored.  Black person boy?

well, good ribbing and having fun is one thing, but calling U of A a bunch of racists and klan members is another. Perhaps you should take it down a notch?

Notch down?  Well, nope.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Would you rather I spin a tale about Bear Bryant donaing his kidney to save his star running back's mother's life.  Remember the Titans indeed.  It was not a one time experience - the "very hot sister" I refered to actually transfered to my fine college after an atmospheric nervous breakdown at the good ole' U of A.

I saw what I saw.  It's true; I exaggerate none.

So me smoking crack is good natured ribbing and me relating an actual tale is out-of-bounds?  Hmmmmm?  I guess all of you in Alabama can stand behind that fine record of racial tolerance.  Don't love the freedom to speak freely with conditions unless you're willing to accept illogical rule.

aMD

[size=14]Go Buckeyes!!!

#1 again![/size]

BoS, wow! you got censored!?  And you totally put tracy in his place.  I think I have a new hero!  did you use the n word? what would happen if this were a gansta rap forum? hey person, this one person I know says PWA is the best gansta rappers ever and I'm like person, please.

anyway.

UofL beat Cincy.   :-/  I know i'm supposed to be a UofL fan but I was born near Cincy and had to pull for them.  

Every team in the preseason ap top 10 has lost, way to go APers.  remember when they used to pick the national champion. oh wait, they still do.

sorry for the long post but I apparently missed out on the smack talk last night.

ycartrob

So me smoking crack is good natured ribbing and me relating an actual tale is out-of-bounds?

no soup, you calling the chancellors of U of A "grand wizards" is out of bounds. IMO. Plus, it's like a 3rd grade jab. People like you do nothing but fuel racial hate when the good people of the south work our asses off to fix the wrongs of racial intolerance of the past.

I have been to Tuscaloosa on numerous occasions and I never heard any of what you expressed. Maybe it was the crowd you were hanging with?

Try to bring a stronger game than infalmmatory racial comments, we're a little above that here. That's why you got censored. We do have some class.   :)