Main Menu

my cubicle

Started by thepennylaneNYC, May 15, 2008, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how i could really spruce up my cubicle...nothing too flashy, fung shui or something

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

I have pics of my kids all over, my Lost (Todd McFarlane figures) in less then work appropriate poses, music posters, and my nice tea pot. Thankfully mine is double the size you have pictured.

Then there the goat that I sacraficed a while ago to help win the lottery. I probably need to move that out.

upstatestruggler

I am sitting in a large one right now- I have postcards on the walls, a bamboo plant, and a tiny, inch-high gold buddha.  coupla pictures. glow in the dark concert poster from philly.

never realized my asian decor fixation till I spelled it out here. feng shui indeed!

too heavy for the hippies

Penny Lane

i want people to know that if they ask me a dumb question they will get num chucked? (sp?) yet also feel welcome....is this possible?

mjkoehler

I like to have the feel of "stay the fuck away from Mike. He's craaaaaaanky". I find less work gets dumped on me  ;D

Seriously though, just make it feel like you want it. As long as there isn't anything that can be construed as offensive (like the aforementioned sacrificial goat) then it would be fine. Remember, you're the one that has to sit there for 8 hours a day. Make it comfortable for you.

Now if they try to take my ipod dock out, I'm hurtin someone.

peanut butter puddin surprise

ah, the cubicle days.  since i got my own office 6 years ago, it's adorned with MMJ posters, pics of Amelia and family members, plants, a Rubik's Cube, refridgerator, coffee pot, Lebowskifest paraphanelia, and my vintage 1960's battleship grey standard government issue L shaped desk, just like the one I had when I was in the Army...everyone hates my desk since it's so old and (as they put it) "ugly".  Hell, I found it in the basement in storage...I think I saved them like $600 on a new desk!

It's so great to be able to (ahem) relieve gaseous pressures without fear of embarassment or reprisal when one has their own office.  Esp. after a long Mexican food lunch.   ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Penny Lane

i normally have all my OSU football stuff out but no one in the northeast follows college football --even the picture of my parents is old to me, i think i'll replace them w/a cutout from a mag and tell people angelina jolie adopted me

Penny Lane

QuoteIt's so great to be able to (ahem) relieve gaseous pressures without fear of embarassment or reprisal when one has their own office.  Esp. after a long Mexican food lunch.   ;)

the REAL reason everyone wants to be self employed

upstatestruggler

Quotei think i'll replace them w/a cutout from a mag and tell people angelina jolie adopted me
'...and this is my dad, brad...'

you will probably find that people are more interested in college football than you think- they just need visual cues. decorate away!

too heavy for the hippies

mjkoehler

Quotei normally have all my OSU football stuff out but no one in the northeast follows college football --even the picture of my parents is old to me, i think i'll replace them w/a cutout from a mag and tell people angelina jolie adopted me
Crap, that's the other stuff that is everywhere. I have Husker posters and schtuff in strategic places. Kinda dangerous to have Husker stuff in St Louis which is Tiger Country. It stands out.

I miss my office. Had one in my last role for 3 years and it was nice. Close the door, crank the ipod up, and drone the rest of the world out so I could work.

Angry Ewok

I have a shipping room, a studio, a lobby desk, but I don't have a cubicle. There are nine cubicles upstairs and I've always wanted one of my own to decorate and be left alone.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Pics of Elvis!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

A large reptile....YOUR choice of course :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

MarkW

This might be too much:

But this one's zen

And this one's, well, Vegas Baby!  ;D

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

whyteand82nd

QuoteThis might be too much:

But this one's zen

And this one's, well, Vegas Baby!  ;D

I like the top one, very "Signs"
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta