Ken Griffey Jr

Started by ycartrob, Jun 10, 2008, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

Congrats to Ken Griffey Jr on 600 homeruns. He'd have 800 if he were on steroids.

.Walt

ken griffey jr has the best swing in baseball ever. i don't think steroids would have even helped griff. with a swing like that, it wouldn't even mattered. he could've hit 800 if healthy, but that's the way he played the game...balls to the wall. a living legend
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Taterbug

He finally did it, It would be nice if he could play another 5 years and knock bonds out of the home run record.  If Griff would not have missed  like 400 games due to injury he would have smoked the record.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Coltrane

Both Willie Mays and Hank Aaron called to congratulate Griffey yesterday.

Barry Bonds??

nothing. he was too busy going to court.

douche bag.

Griffey Jr.= first ballot Hall of Fame
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

ycartrob

Quoteken griffey jr has the best swing in baseball ever. i don't think steroids would have even helped griff. with a swing like that, it wouldn't even mattered. he could've hit 800 if healthy, but that's the way he played the game...balls to the wall. a living legend

I'm saying steroids would have helped his recovery time off injuries. 10 games here, 10 games there, etc...

LEATHER KID

I agree, the whole injury thing really screwed one of the good guys in "da game".
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Angry Ewok

I always liked Ken Griffey Jr! Good for him!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

bluntmaster

Quoteken griffey jr has the best swing in baseball ever. i don't think steroids would have even helped griff. with a swing like that, it wouldn't even mattered. he could've hit 800 if healthy, but that's the way he played the game...balls to the wall. a living legend

me and the griffster roided it up quite a few times before, talk about getting fucked up.  he definitely uses and abuses don't be blinded by his stardom.  I dosed him once and he got really fucking pissed.

capt. scotty

I wouldnt say he's got the best SWING in baseball ever, but best HOME RUN SWING - at least that Ive ever seen - without a doubt

And dont forget he has 10 golden gloves and back in the 90's who knows how many 'web gems'. They didnt even have those then, I think they created web gems bc of Griff. 'The Big Hurt' Frank Thomas was my favorite player growing up, but Jr was right behind him and the debate of: best player of this generation between Thomas, Griffey, and Bonds I think steroids withstanding wouldve been Griffey. Really, Bonds before steroids was almost a Griffey clone except he didnt have that HOME RUN SWING
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

I wouldnt say he's got the best SWING in baseball ever, but best HOME RUN SWING - at least that Ive ever seen - without a doubt

i shouldn't have said best swing ever. i should have said the most beautiful swing. joe mauer has the best swing ever (that's if you like the ball hit oppo every time ;) )
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Taterbug

i shouldn't have said best swing ever. i should have said the most beautiful swing. joe mauer has the best swing ever (that's if you like the ball hit oppo every time ;) )

Joe Mauer :  best swing ever ????   He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat  :).   Best swing in MY demented mind is Joe Crede or any White sox player, except Juan Uribe.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Killgies

Congratz to Ken Griffey Jr. He's my fav baseball player since I was a kid! I agree that he has the sweetest swing in all of baseball. We can only hope he can stay healthy and knock bonds out of the HR record.

FYI Griffey and Bonds are really good friends. I saw a video of them at a cookout at Barry's house sometime last year. It was on a Sports show that I was watching. I remember it made my stomach turn knowing they were friends.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"