SSSSoooooooooooooooooooooo..............

Started by ycartrob, Jun 09, 2008, 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

getinthevan

Is for sucks, as they say in Czech Republic.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

primushead

Jenny

it's disgusting.
it breaks wednesday over here in boston...
98 today and humid. ew.

ycartrob

hi face

hope you're having a deee-lightful summer, in spite of the heat

Hawkeye

We just got hit by tornados and then flooded.  Well, not me personally, but some folks close bye.  Parkersburg and New Hartford, Iowa.  Iowans, however, are not ones to sit around and wait for federal assistance to come bail us out.  We like to help each other and ourselves.  :)  Wow, I'm not sure where that came from.
We could.

getinthevan

A huge storm went through here on Friday and took out some barns and a house or two, some billboards, as well as many trees and a couple telephone poles.  I guess Lansing got hit hard the next night so now there's thousands of people without electricity all over the mid-Michigan area.  My Grandpa said they got 4 inches of rain between Friday and Saturday.  Now it's just hot and muggy here.  I've been in my air conditioned room for most of the last couple days so hot, un-air conditioned work tonight is going to be brutal.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Jenny

Quotehi face

hope you're having a deee-lightful summer, in spite of the heat

hi tracy

not summer yet, unfortunately. just another week til i'm FREEEEEEE!!!
hope you're having a good one, though!

mjkoehler

It's been warm (Yes I love the heat & humidity) and stormy. I could just go for some normal f'n rain instead of 3" in an hour and tornados.

The DARK

Extremely hot, and even worse, humid.

I, however, do not seem to be affected by it.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Coltrane

a perfect 71 degress....no humidity..........San Diego is amazing......

although it is June Gloom..........it usually burns off buy noon, and then it's clear skies for miles.......

sssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

how 'bout them Yankees......
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

LEATHER KID

I'm thirty miles south of Nashvegas and it's actually bearable today.  Oh it's still hot but pretty and a slight breeze.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Taterbug

It's a beautiful day in northern Illinois, 75 degrees  deep blue skies and a dry cool breeze & Evil Urges drops today.  

I am  leaving for South Dakota friday with my Dad and Brother, We are  going to trailer our Milwaukee vibrators  up to the Twin Cities to pick up our dear old Dad and head out to Deadwood & Custer State park to do some riding for about 9 days.  Maybe head up to devils tower, rushmore and crazy horse.  And just have  a nice relaxing well needed vacation.  I'm sure my brother will be burnt out on the new album by the end of the trip ( he is not a big fan, he loves speed metal and the heavy shit ), my Dad on  the other hand thinks MMJ is fantastic.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Penny Lane

heatwave in NYC----unless you commute everywhere by foot and train, you have NO idea the pain ;-(  
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bowl of soup

Let'e see.  June 13.  We're allready 45 days into summer with only another 7 months to go.  Forcast for the next 210 days:  95 for a high, 80 at night, 100% hummidity, with occassional life-threatening thunderstorms or hurricanes.

At least we know it's coming, I feel really bad for all of you people stuck in the shit in the middle of the country.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

wharf rat

This seems to be the perfect thread to send condolences to those on this board who may have been affected by the recent weather in the upper midwest and to keep our fingers crossed for those who are downriver from all of this flooding.  Ultimately, the Mississippi R. will be the collector of all the water upstream that's just been hammering Iowa and other places, so to all our friends in St. Louis, Memphis, New Orleans and all places in between, be prepared and you will be in my thoughts.
I can deal with the heat (maybe 1 or 2 days over the last few weeks have been under 90 here in southeast Ohio) but my heart aches for those who lose loved ones/homes/memories from an act of Mother Nature.  
Sorry for the long ramble, just thinking of all those affected by this string of bad weather over these last couple of weeks.  

BH

We do some work at a Quaker Oats plant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa that's on the river and now has 12 feet of water in it.   The train bridge that delivers raw material to the plant has washed away.  That's just one story out of thousands more like it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Taterbug

Now Leaving work to head out to the wild wild west.  Take care everybody. Be back in a week and a half.  
waaaaaahoooooooooooo.

Later,  Tater

P.s.   my prayers are with anyone effected by flood waters and storm damage.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjkoehler

QuoteWe do some work at a Quaker Oats plant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa that's on the river and now has 12 feet of water in it.   The train bridge that delivers raw material to the plant has washed away.  That's just one story out of thousands more like it.
Yep. We have 1 place closed and 3 others that could get hit soon. Making things a bit stressful.