Any fans of Stephen King's The Dark Tower series?

Started by jeffro79, Jun 17, 2008, 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro79

Just started to reread the series a few days ago. So any fans? Whats your favorite book? Anyone check out the prequal-esq  graphic novels and if so are they worth checking out?
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

mjkoehler

I read up to Wizards and Glass. I didn't read after that for some reason. I really enjoyed them up to that point. I'm a Scifi and Fantasy dork anyway so this was up my ally.

jeffro79

Wizards and Glass is actually my favorite. You should defiantly read the rest of the series. Theres also some rumors floating around about a movies/miniseries/something on film. Not sure how that will work out though???
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

mjkoehler

Yep, it's on my list to re-read after I finish getting caught up re-reading the Song of Ice & Fire series from George RR Martin and Dragon Prince/Star from Melanie Rawn.

Like I said, I is a dork.

MMJ_fanatic

I loved the Dark Tower series and even have a couple 1st edition The Gunslingers (I was a King collector for a while).  He totally cheated on the ending of this series what a huge let down!  >:(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

getinthevan

Please don't give away the ending, some of aren't that far yet!  I'm re-reading Song of Susannah because I rushed through it and then had to take a semester off from leisure reading and couldn't remember what all went on, except that it was probably crucial to the plot.  I think my favorite so far has been The Drawing of the Three.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

BH

Yes!   Wizard and Glass was by far my favorite.   That book can almost stand alone as one of SK's best ever.  IMO.  Still have half of the last one to read.  I think part of me doesn't want it to be over.   Eyes of the Dragon was also a fun read.  I wish I had more time to read these days.  Nothing like putting yourself in another world in your head.  Imagination beats computer animation every time!

Of couse these kind of pictures help set the tone:

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteYes!   Wizard and Glass was by far my favorite.   That book can almost stand alone as one of SK's best ever.  IMO.  Still have half of the last one to read.  I think part of me doesn't want it to be over.   Eyes of the Dragon was also a fun read.  I wish I had more time to read these days.  Nothing like putting yourself in another world in your head.  Imagination beats computer animation every time!

Of couse these kind of pictures help set the tone:

My advice--stop now cuz you really don't want to know the ending...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

mjkoehler