Need to speak my mind here...

Started by The_DARK, Jun 29, 2008, 02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

I understand that the forum has been really touchy ever since we lost EC. We're trying to keep it all together, and I'm glad about a lot of changes that have been going on over the last few days. But I really don't understand all the bad vibes that have been going on here with the new members. Tracy, Tom, Jaimoe, etc have all been flaming everyone who comes to bluntmaster's side. Now I will say that I am far from a big fan of bluntmaster, as a lot of the stuff he posted was random internet nonsense. But some of us were and still are friends of aMD, and we were also friends of everyone who didn't like him. It was never a dividing point among fans. It's almost like the forum has split off in two now, between new members who want the forum to be open to everyone who roams the internet and the older members who want to keep it what it is.

This forum is an amazing place, but this bullshit has really been going on far too long. It started with the leak, where floods of people came to the forum to download the album, which became a huge dividing point among fans. Even worse was when so many people came to the forum to call the album horrible when they had only heard it once illegally and didn't think the band was "indie" anymore. Then came the minor drama which led to aMD leaving the forum. Then we got a whole slew of new members, like bluntmaster and Goat Boy. They were occasionally offensive and didn't really contribute to the forum, and it led to the departure of EC. I have been on everyone here's side up until recently.

A lot of people have been coming to bluntmaster's side in the last few days. This shouldn't have been a big deal, we could have simply explained why he wasn't welcome on the forum. But instead a lot of us have been going a step too far and making attacks on the new members themselves. For example, Phriendly MMJ Phan probably would have turned out to be a nice member in time. We had extemely good points to make, I definitely agree. But that isn't the point. It never has been on this forum.

If I remember correctly, I was a bit of an idiot when I first came here. I was new to the world of forums, and promptly recieved a lot of heat for this thead:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1170819341/0#0
;D ;D ;D Oh, I cringe at what I wrote there. But I'm sure a lot of us have said things here that we wish we haven't said over the years. But we outgrow it, and become part of the family. I outgrew the things I said in that thread, and am now a respected member (I hope, you all could be pulling my leg  ;)).

But this kind of thing isn't happening anymore. Dragonboy really gave me a second chance in that thread. Just because I had a different opinion and didn't really know what I was talking about didn't give them reason to throw me out. I can't think of one person who's acted like a shithead in the last few days that was given a chance to grow out of it. Most either were banned or left in frustration. I know we're still touchy, but this leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.  :-/

Take the advice of our good friend Jim James, who truly believes that people are not as different as everyone says they are. Everyone who is trying to have fun, meet friends, and discuss our good band should be welcome here, no matter who they support. When people are acting like idiots, remember how you first awkwardly stumbled into this board. It's not a matter of who they're friends with.

DISCLAIMER: This was written at three in the morning and is undoubtedly filled with typos and mind ramblings. I apologise if this makes no sense.
In another time, in another place, in another face

ycartrob

QuoteTracy, Tom, Jaimoe, etc have all been flaming everyone who comes to bluntmaster's side.

that's not true, sorry you feel that way. I have been ignoring people lately

.Walt

This whole making threads about other threads is getting ridiculous. I get it, everyone wants to speak their mind and voice their opinion. Can we just move on? For real, i thought we moved on nicely with the help of the gold bond thread, but i guess not.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ycartrob

QuoteThis whole making threads about other threads is getting ridiculous. I get it, everyone wants to speak their mind and voice their opinion. Can we just move on? For real, i thought we moved on nicely after the gold bond thread, but i guess not.

I appreciate you saying that Walter, b/c I felt the same way and have really showed a lot of restraint not responding to bait. (you know, letters and threads with my name in it? And I'm the bad guy?)

this shit is just silly

tomEisenbraun

I dropped the ball here, guys. I'm sorry. Seriously.

Working hard on building back the welcome we've had, and I'm willing to change my attitude to make that happen. Once again, I'm sorry, and I hope that you know I'm being genuine with that and can let that go and move on forward with me.

(How about that Gold Bond?)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

SMc55

QuoteI dropped the ball here, guys. I'm sorry. Seriously.

Working hard on building back the welcome we've had, and I'm willing to change my attitude to make that happen. Once again, I'm sorry, and I hope that you know I'm being genuine with that and can let that go and move on forward with me.

(How about that Gold Bond?)
It's good to have you back Tom. Really good  [smiley=beer.gif]

CC

DISCLAIMER: This was written at three in the morning and is undoubtedly filled with typos and mind ramblings. I apologise if this makes no sense.

nope, makes no sense at all. apology accepted ;)

just wanna say that you're not seeing the big picture here. I don't blame you, nothing is what it seems recently with old members acting as new members and posting with multiple accounts etc.

everybody seems to be cool again so let's build a snowman or something!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4i3vw4Qwbwg[/media]

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

No quarter to the aggressors who hide behind anonymous accounts. Those people are the problem - not a regular who has been here for three, four, sometimes even five years.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

D. Sinclair

QuoteNo quarter to the aggressors who hide behind anonymous accounts. Those people are the problem - not a regular who has been here for three, four, sometimes even five years.

How about no quarter to the aggressors, period.

The DARK

nope, makes no sense at all. apology accepted ;)

just wanna say that you're not seeing the big picture here. I don't blame you, nothing is what it seems recently with old members acting as new members and posting with multiple accounts etc.

everybody seems to be cool again so let's build a snowman or something!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4i3vw4Qwbwg[/media]

Yeah, I'm just getting mixed up now.

Whatever. Feel free to ignore this thread. I know I'm more than beating a dead horse and I want to move on just as much as you.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

pawpaw

Hmmm...I haven't been able to spend much time here in the past month, sounds like things have been a little crunchy. EC left?! bluntmaster banned?! No explanation needed...I don't want to get any of that re-started...whatever it was.

I like this place. I like sensible, respectful, insightful people, new and old. I'm pretty new. I like well thought out criticism and playful trash talking...the little faces seem to help get intentions across  :)

What's with the legos with the question marks on them?

Kind of a random post, I know. Oh, and EU is great. I'm really enjoying it!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."