CHICAGO POSTPONED - A NOTE FROM THE BAND

Started by M._P, Oct 08, 2008, 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lp

As some of you may have heard we had to cancel our show last evening in Iowa City.  We were finishing up the last few bars of "Off The Record and just like any other night we were all having a great time.  Jim went to get closer to the audience on his side of the stage, and as he moved forward to step onto the sub-woofer the lights darkened, and he inadvertently stepped off the stage.  Upon falling, he suffered traumatic injuries to his torso, and was immediately taken to the hospital.

Per the doctor's orders, Jim will be off the road and recovering from his injuries for the next two to three weeks. Sadly, we must postpone the two shows in Chicago on Thursday and Friday until further notice.

For those who attended the Iowa City show, we would like to extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation.  We take our fans and performances very seriously, and would never cancel a show unless it was absolutely necessary.  Please know that we will be making every effort to return to your fine city.

Thank you so much to our fans for the kind sentiments and well-wishes on Jim's behalf.  We hope for Jim's quick recovery and to be back out on the road soon.

With Love,
My Morning Jacket

****   The Chicago shows will be rescheduled.  Please stay tuned to the website for updates!!!  ***

bedeker

the fans of Iowa City are really appreciative that you came to our small but progressive 'burb.  Please come back soon and we'll show you a much better time.  Get well soon Jim :)

The Dude

Touch me, I'm going to scream.

I hope Christmas time before they play NYC on NYE isn't when they plan to reschedule this show...I'll be out of town  :(

Get well JJ...

walkinblu

I was so looking forward to the shows in Chicago. Seen the band once before and was totally blown away with their live show.

I'm sure Jim will come back at 100% and will give Chicago some kick-ass shows when they reschedule.

Take care of yourself Jim and come back to Chi-town soon.

skyiscrape

First and foremost- best wishes to Jim and we're all hoping you recover quickly and fully.

Just a thought from one of the fans who was at the IC show; maybe a donation to the ongoing flood relief efforts might be an appropriate way to make up for the unfortunate accident.  While we are all concerned about the health and well being of Jim, there is still the issue that we paid for a concert that we did not get to see.  There is still a lingering disapointment amongst the fans and a donation to the relief efforts would be a great way to make something good come out of this difficult situation.

Thanks again for even considering a stop in Iowa City and I look forward to the next show!

CD1979

What a huge bummer.... I hope it's not too serious and that Jim recovers swiftly and fully.

I'm in Cleveland -- have seen MMJ here twice -- and was disappointed that they weren't coming here this year... So my boyfriend got us tickets as a fantastic birthday present to me. I guess we'll still come to Chicago for the night, otherwise he'll have to eat the hotel cost!
Not sure we'll be able to come back for the rescheduled show... If anyone on this site knows of someone who would want to buy the tix from us once it's rescheduled, that's something we might have to do...  :(

Get well soon Jim! You rock (maybe a little too hard last night??)

jimbo

We wish you a speedy recovery, Jim. Thanks for agreeing to reschedule the shows. I bought really good tickets from a broker for my girlfriends birthday. We really want to see the show!!!

zogjam

Get well. get well soon. we wish you to get well.

this makes my decision to sell my milwaukee ticket and go on vacation sting a little.  it already felt like an eternity since i got my tickets so a little more doesn't matter. Counting the days til yall make it back to chicago. Peace

rslice

QuoteAs some of you may have heard we had to cancel our show last evening in Iowa City.  We were finishing up the last few bars of "Off The Record and just like any other night we were all having a great time.  Jim went to get closer to the audience on his side of the stage, and as he moved forward to step onto the sub-woofer the lights darkened, and he inadvertently stepped off the stage.  Upon falling, he suffered traumatic injuries to his torso, and was immediately taken to the hospital.

Per the doctor's orders, Jim will be off the road and recovering from his injuries for the next two to three weeks. Sadly, we must postpone the two shows in Chicago on Thursday and Friday until further notice.

For those who attended the Iowa City show, we would like to extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation.  We take our fans and performances very seriously, and would never cancel a show unless it was absolutely necessary.  Please know that we will be making every effort to return to your fine city.

Thank you so much to our fans for the kind sentiments and well-wishes on Jim's behalf.  We hope for Jim's quick recovery and to be back out on the road soon.

With Love,
My Morning Jacket

****   The Chicago shows will be rescheduled.  Please stay tuned to the website for updates!!!  ***

I missed the show in Nashville and Louisville and bought the tickets and flight and hotel thinking this would be an amazing weekend.. Now could honestly care less about leaving Nashville.  Very upset. Get Well..

indiana

What a horrible turn of events :(  Get well soon Jim!

Dave - call me when everything is rescheduled if you still wanna meet up for dinner or somethin. I'll splain later.

Lady B

The Santa Cruz Crew sends our love to you, Jim.  Heal well, and fast.  We look forward to seeing you rockin it again soon.  

Thanks for the recent show at The Greek.  That was amazing!  Hopefully we'll see you at the Hawaii wedding ;)

Think about it...could be magical.