Record player?

Started by js0221717, Jul 03, 2008, 01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChronicHunger

does anyone no where a man can get a record player at??

Dorothy_Mantooth

"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

LEATHER KID

Electronic Express is where I got mine.
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Penny Lane

i got mine here:

www.onewayfurniture.com
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

the_wizzard

I wouldn't buy one at Target....but if you need to find an affordable record player, try a used one.  We have 2 technics (which are better for dj-ing and not neccessary for regular use at home).  But I have this old record player that I got when I was 13 (oh yes, been hooked on vinyl since birth), that is still going strong.  Also, my Dad's record player is older than me and an awesome player.  If it was me, I would go to my local record shop (if you have a vinyl store where you live). Most shops here sell used players.  Next I would look on Craigslist.......Have fun finding one, and even more fun building your vinyl collection!

Crispy

As said before, ebay. Get yerself an old marantz unit and plug in a new cartridge. Here's the kind I have, a 6300: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Marantz-6300-Servo-Direct-Drive-Turntable_W0QQitemZ360066347467QQihZ023QQcategoryZ48649QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Then, since you've gone old school, you've got to get a tube pre-amp, power amp, Dalquist DQ-10s, etc.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Hawkeye

As with most things, it really depends on how much you want to spend.  We had a thread on here quite awhile ago, and that's where I found mine.  I paid $90 for it, and it's worked without a hiccup so far.  It is a belt-drive, and I know some people prefer direct-drive.  As for me, it's my first record player and it sounds fine to me, so I'm not complaining.  I think the only drawback of mine is that you have to use the same needle/cartridge.  You can't use different styles, onlye one type will fit.  So I may upgrade some day, but for my first player I'm satisfied.  I've recorded one LP to my computer and it sounds great!  If I can find that thread or remember where I bought it I'll post it.
We could.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I got mine on Amazon for under $100.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

.Walt

I went to Pawn America. I got one for 20, but without a needle. The needle was $35. They had a bunch of players there. Prices were $20-150, and make sure you bring a record in, so you can test it out before you buy it.

i brought this one in...

Much Greater Than Science Fiction