Main Menu

Hey Gang!

Started by red, Jul 06, 2008, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I'm (somewhat) back in action.  Arrived home last night after an incredible whirlwind adventure.  Much more to follow, but first I've got a BBQ to attend and my bag to unpack.  We'll chat very soon.

[smiley=happy.gif]

BH

:) Glad you made it back safe man!  Hope the rest of your trip was a great as the first part!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Welcome back! Glad you made it home safely.

Jenny

HI KALEY! welcome back! :)

red

Thanks for the welcome folks, feels good to be back.  I had the greatest two weeks of my life ending in the greatest city I've visited.  

A few random thoughts culled from my notebook:

- Houston is not designed for those without a vehicle.  Nice museums though.
- Dave and Mike are beyond wonderful.
- Saw the Ten Commandments framed behind a Burger King counter.
- Knoxville is gorgeous.  Thanks for the tip on the Tomato Head Brian, what a wonderful place.
- Had some incredible coleslaw in Tulsa.
- Too many flights in too few days.
- I've officially rode the Greyhound far too many times.
- I cannot handle the southern heat.

- NEW ORLEANS WAS AMAZING.  Too many highlights.  
- Coolest hostel in the world. Met some great people and had an absolute blast for too short of a time.
- Drank too many bottles of deliciously cheap wine.
- Fell in love with a gypsy street peddler.
- Bought a hat I quite like.
- I already want to go back.

I'm taking it easy around home for a few days.  I quit my full time job before I left so now I'm working part time at my great record store job until I decide what I'm going to do with my life come fall.  I've got no idea, but I am certain I won't be able to settle down and move like I had planned before I left.  I think I would like to do some volunteering in New Orleans, but I must look into that.  First of all I must get into a decent sleeping pattern...

:D  

BH

What?  No mention of St. Louis' bar beds? ;D

You must be a little bummed after you got back. I'm always depressed when my vacation comes to an end.  Hope you make it to New Orleans, if only because it increases my odds of seeing you again one fine day. :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Yeah how could you forget the rape huts?! Still a little creeped out about those. Seeing some of the people in them, I wouldn't feel comfortable getting into one unless a hazmat team cleared it out and left a sheen of Purell or Germex.

red

How could I forget about those huts?!  I'm contemplating bring a cot in tow next time I hit the bars.  I've got a sneaking suspicion it might not go over very well.   ;D

I'm totally bummed out Dave, been pretty much just pacing around the house and not doing too much of anything.  Went for a lovely bike ride and had a nice cup of tea this afternoon, that's about as exciting as my day got today.  

BH

QuoteI'm contemplating bring a cot in tow next time I hit the bars.  I've got a sneaking suspicion it might not go over very well.    

Just tell them it's the new hip thing. ;D

red

QuoteJust tell them it's the new hip thing. ;D
"I saw it in St. Louis, I swear it's the next big thing!"

::)

corey

I ate at the Tomato Head in Knoxville when I was there a couple of weeks ago. YUM!

red

QuoteI ate at the Tomato Head in Knoxville when I was there a couple of weeks ago. YUM!
I've never seen such a good looking staff at a restaurant before.  I knew I was in the right place when my waiter had a Built to Spill t-shirt on and there was more beer on tap than any bar in town here.

MarkW

Glad you had a great time, Kaley!  The post-trip blues are the pits - travelling > normal life.  A nice cup of tea and lots of sleep sounds like as good a cure as any!  Oh, and beer.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Ghosts_on_TV

Glad you had fun man! 8-)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...