Any fans of the show "Arrested Development"?

Started by j_rud, Jul 07, 2008, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyteand82nd

2 hours of Arrested Development wont even begin to quench my thirst.
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

capt. scotty

anyone else think some company picked it up because they figure the newfound fame of michael cera, combined with the already rapid fan base, will make this a surefire hit?

either way, hopefully it blows up the box office and that puts season 4 into the works
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Lucille Bluth: Did that Mexican girlfriend of yours kick you out?
Gob: She's not "*that* Mexican," Mom, she's "*my* Mexican." And she's Colombian or something.

Are you a corporate executive facing these or other charges? You don't need double talk! You need Bob Loblaw! After all, why should you go to jail for a crime somebody else noticed?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

I actually don't think a film version will do well at the box-office. The show remains a cult even through DVD sales and re-runs and as such, the in-jokes only work for fans of the show. If a movie were made, it may be a disaster if the writers and producers choose to make it all-encompassing and/or an introduction to the idiots en masse that have never watched the show.

capt. scotty

QuoteI actually don't think a film version will do well at the box-office. The show remains a cult even through DVD sales and re-runs and as such, the in-jokes only work for fans of the show. If a movie were made, it may be a disaster if the writers and producers choose to make it all-encompassing and/or an introduction to the idiots en masse that have never watched the show.

Yeah, its probably a more likely boom or bust than anything. I see them doing the Bluth fam on vacation or something similar that can interest ppl who never watched the show while still remain true to the characters. I think what I said before is what execs might be hoping for, Will Arnett and Jason Bateman have kind of risen too since the demise of AD, but the oddball nature of AD is certainly less comedy fan friendly to the typical viewer than say your typical Judd Apatow film or a Will Ferrell movie..I guess only time will tell

As long as its funny, I say 'fine by me'

..just wondering - what channel shows re-runs? i havent come by one
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

Quote..just wondering - what channel shows re-runs? i havent come by one
G4 used to, but I'm not even sure if that's a channel.  

CBC shows them up here.