db's summer itinerary

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Jan 21, 2008, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizKing531

QuoteDenver is pretty cool...big city, normal big city stuff.  Boulder is pretty happenin'.

Denver is right next to the start of the Rockies so if you rent a car you can drive up into the mountains in no time.  If you're into that kind of thing (and I am) the Rockies are spectacular!  You could make a daytrip to Glenwood Springs, hang out at the natural hot springs and visit Doc Holliday's grave.

there's a ton of stuff around the are, but definitely plan to do some driving - everything ends up being twice as far away as you think - We were drove to Crested Butte from Denver (nice little ski town - Western State University is down the mountain a bit) driving towards the mountains & you think you're almost there, but another hour goes by & you realize the mountain is still barely closer than it looked an hour ago

LizKing531

QuoteThanks Tower but yes it's a week or so early.
I'm currently looking @ arriving in SF on the 24th of Jun, flying to MEM on the 25th, LAS on the 28th & back to SF on the 3rd or 4th before flying back to Japan on the 5th.

My girlfriend & I had talked about going out to San Fran sometime over the summer.  Her friend moved out there for a job - maybe we'll cross paths

dragonboy

Quotethere's a ton of stuff around the are, but definitely plan to do some driving - everything ends up being twice as far away as you think - We were drove to Crested Butte from Denver (nice little ski town - Western State University is down the mountain a bit) driving towards the mountains & you think you're almost there, but another hour goes by & you realize the mountain is still barely closer than it looked an hour ago
Thanks for the info LizKing! I guess I'll have to take Denver out of the equation as I haven't driven for 7 or so years. Last thing I want to do it spend half my vacation in a hospital having crashed into a lamppost  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

It's all booked...San Francisco, Memphis & Las Vegas!!!

We got a really good deal @ the Parc Fifty Five Hotel in SF:
http://www.parc55hotel.com/
I'm staying @ the Heartbreak Hotel in Memphis. I want to be as close as I can to Graceland + downtown Memphis is scary!  :(
& Treasure Island in Vegas! Ahoy me hearties!!! VEGAS BABY!!! Watch me blow a cool million  :D

Now I just need The Jacket to play the Filmore on the 24th of June. Or the 3rd or 4th of July. Or somewhere in Memphis on the 25th, 26th or 27th of June. Or Vegas on the 28th, 29th, 30th of June or the 1st or 2nd of July. Any one of those will do! 2 or 3 if they want to. Then we'll all be sorted  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Alright folks, I'm off!

San Francisco for a couple of days (Fleet Foxes!!!) then Vegas for a week (Mike Ness!!!) & then back to SF for the 4th of July.

Take care & I'll see you all in a couple of weeks  :D

Jon T.

mjkoehler

See you brother, and have a safe trip. K, BH, and I will down a cold one in you honor on Friday.

Jenny

pawpaw

Has db surfaced since his trip? Or have we lost him too?!?! I've been on here so infrequently the past few months, it's hard for me to keep up with who is coming and going....I was looking forward to hearing how the trip went...
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

I hope he's just taking a break to recover from his trip.

MarkW

Me too.  Come back soon db, the board's too quiet without you!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

megalicious

come back, fellow kenny loggins fan!

seriously, db, this place ain't the same without you.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

crazylove

Can I just have one a'more dance with you DB?

Please come back.  We miss all of your wisdom and knowledge!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

megalicious

if you don't get back soon, how you gonna get in on this:

OLDIES: ELVIS PRESLEY: KAROKE SINGERS HAVE SHOT AT GRACELAND
     UNDATED (AP) - Elvis and karaoke. The people who manage Elvis Presley's former home and the social networking Web site are hoping it will turn out to be a good combination for both. Elvis Presley Enterprises and MySpace have teamed up to host a karaoke contest to mark this year's anniversary of Presley's death. People can go to the MySpace site to record one of three Elvis songs: "Hound Dog," "If I Can Dream" or "Suspicious Minds." Those who get the most attention from online surfers will be allowed to perform at Graceland for fans gathered on a side lawn to watch Elvis movies and listen to a band cover some of Elvis' hits.

On the 'Net:
     Elvis/MySpace contest site: http://ksolo.myspace.com
     Graceland: http://www.elvis.com/
     MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/
Copyright 2008, AP
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

pawpaw

I think he skipped his flight out of SFO after being impressed with Northern California...he and his wife are now living in a commune in Mendocino County...no internet connection in their yurt way back up in the woods. He's probably looking into starting up a Japanese language school for English speaking children of the north coast, to help fund that wicked CD buying habit.

Are you out there db?

mjkoehler

I'll email him tonight to see if he's ok.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI'll email him tonight to see if he's ok.

I'm guessing that he's most likely ok and just taking a break from his  9,000 posts.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjkoehler

QuoteI'll email him tonight to see if he's ok.

I'm guessing that he's most likely ok and just taking a break from his  9,000 posts.
Probably, but he was in Vegas. Last time I was there, it was.........bad. Recovery time had to be measured on a calendar.

pawpaw

TEO

Nance would like to address this issue with some members on Saturday.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary