Little League World Series

Started by rccola71, Aug 14, 2008, 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Citrus Park,Tampa . These guys are representing the southeast region. I live in the Carrollwood/Citrus Park area of Tampa. I  ;)was happy to see the little fellers make it. Anybody else have a team going? Maybe all of our "professional" athletes should tune in to these games.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

I am partial to Rapid City, South Dakota, just b/c I love that part of the country and they have never made it.

I absolutely love the LLWS. I watch it every year, wishing the MLB players played with such passion.

red

QuoteI absolutely love the LLWS. I watch it every year, wishing the MLB players played with such passion.
I'm with you Tracy, the LLWS has always been one of my favourites to watch.  

capt. scotty

I dont know who the Northeast or East team is, but if theyre from PA I might tune in. LLWS is always a good watch though. The 'A' tournament team when I was on the 'B' tournament team about 12 years ago was 2 wins away from being the Northeast representative, and despite me basically getting the shaft from making the team due to coach favoritism, it wouldve been great to be watching them on ESPN.

Havent watched a game yet, but that little diddy they play for the commercials on ESPN is damn catchy
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

It's always tough for Team Canada to make it through their bracket playing against the best teams from tough divisions like Japan, Carribean, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Mexico. Still, I'll be pulling for my boys. God love ABC/ESPN (I think they carry the tournament?) for showing the games in HD too.

Baseball has dropped off at the grassroots level in Canada over the past decade or more even though it's still big (partly because of a moderate winter) in the province of British Columbia: Jason Bay, Justin Morneau, Rich Harden, Jeff Francis and Ryan Dempster - poor Adam Loewen blew out his arm and will try to switch to being a position player.

BTW, Bay played for Team Canada at the 1990 Little League World Series.

capt. scotty

If it wasnt enough to hear ESPN talk everyday about how Xavier Nady and Jason Bay are playing lights out for the Yanks and Sawx, respectively, and how my Buccos got ABSOLUTELY nothing in return for 2 All-Stars (I know Nady has never made 1, but he certainly could when playing for a team like the Pirates, just how Bay made 2 or 3), you gotta bring old Bay up, eh, and frustrate me more.

Thanks for pouring more salt in my wounds Jaimoe. We're only about to post the record breaking 16th straight sub-.500 season.....Awesome

At least we got the Steelers and the Pens   8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

If it wasnt enough to hear ESPN talk everyday about how Xavier Nady and Jason Bay are playing lights out for the Yanks and Sawx, respectively, and how my Buccos got ABSOLUTELY nothing in return for 2 All-Stars (I know Nady has never made 1, but he certainly could when playing for a team like the Pirates, just how Bay made 2 or 3), you gotta bring old Bay up, eh, and frustrate me more.

Thanks for pouring more salt in my wounds Jaimoe. We're only about to post the record breaking 16th straight sub-.500 season.....Awesome

I didn't bring up Bay intentionally to rub any salt in the wounds of poor Pirates fans. It's more of a topical thing.

I guess you know that the Steelers are playing the Bills tonight at Buffalo's new second hometown: Toronto's Rogers Centre? I had free tickets but I gave them away (500 level seats - top level - for $175 a pop).  I hate pre-season NFL. It's even more unwatchable than pre-season NHL (at least that has tons of fights).

capt. scotty

I didn't bring up Bay intentionally to rub any salt in the wounds of poor Pirates fans. It's more of a topical thing.

I guess you know that the Steelers are playing the Bills tonight at Buffalo's new second hometown: Toronto's Rogers Centre? I had free tickets but I gave them away (500 level seats - top level - for $175 a pop).  I hate pre-season NFL. It's even more unwatchable than pre-season NHL (at least that has tons of fights).

In the words of Friday-era Chris Tucker...."daaaaaaaaaamn" 175$ a pop for preseason?! you kiddin me? You can get regular season tix, probably closer as well, for cheaper than that for Steelers home games! I dont know the exact conversion rate, but Id guess thats 225$ american.

Now I know that whether the Cowboys are America's team or not, no team travels like the Steelers. And for that matter, Toronto is only like a 3 hour drive and you can gamble, but jeez. Im not a fan of preseason ball either, but Steelers preseason ball really interests me, especially after their draft

Jaimoe, I may now call you Jesse Jaimoe James because you my friend are a THIEF!!!

ItStillJaimoe

In the words of Friday-era Chris Tucker...."daaaaaaaaaamn" 175$ a pop for preseason?! you kiddin me? You can get regular season tix, probably closer as well, for cheaper than that for Steelers home games! I dont know the exact conversion rate, but Id guess thats 225$ american.

Now I know that whether the Cowboys are America's team or not, no team travels like the Steelers. And for that matter, Toronto is only like a 3 hour drive and you can gamble, but jeez. Im not a fan of preseason ball either, but Steelers preseason ball really interests me, especially after their draft

Jaimoe, I may now call you Jesse Jaimoe James because you my friend are a THIEF!!!

A thief? Why? I gave my free tickets away.

Our dollar has dropped to slightly under par with the US greenback, so the conversion rate is negotiable.

Ticket prices for last night's pre-season game ranged from $75 to $575. You can get great seats in Buffalo for as low as $60; one point is that the Rogers Centre holds only 53,000.

Southern Ontario is a Bills stronghold. 25%-30% of an average crowd at Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium is Canadian, hence Bills owner Wilson's controversial decision to make a deal with Ted Rogers (cable TV giant and owner of the Blue Jays) to make the Bills play regular season games in Toronto over the next 5 years: The Bills play Miami at the Rogers Centre in December. Toronto is a far more prosperous city than Buffalo with a greater revenue base, hence the deal.

Last night's game was poorly attendened given the over-hype and tickets were easy to get - thousands upon thousands were given away by promoters.

I don't want the Bills to play in Toronto. I'm quite happy with the CFL and what it means to Canada over its near 150 year history.  

Note: I hate the Cowboys. I was a big Steelers fan when I was a kid back in 70's.

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry