Here it is, HERE'S the Olympics thread!!!

Started by bbill, Aug 15, 2008, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

blah blah blah [size=10]canada is better,[/size] blah blah blah

i kid
The CBC sure is.    ;)

Jaimoe

It was actually news to me that NBC didn't cover the 100 metre final live. I thought they learned something from their disasterous coverage of the last summer Olympics. That is the only reason why I posted that news piece. I'm actually pissed at NBC once again.

ItStillJaimoe

WOW!!!!

A few minutes ago, Bolt just destroyed the field in the 200 metre final and broke Michael Johnson's world record of 19.32. Bolt ran it in 19.30. He actually tried this time.

easy way

My Olympic heroine...Shawn Johnson. Good job girl!
Fuck the new scoring system. You got your gold.  ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

capt. scotty

QuoteWOW!!!!

A few minutes ago, Bolt just destroyed the field in the 200 metre final and broke Michael Johnson's world record of 19.32. Bolt ran it in 19.30. He actually tried this time.

I knew he broke the WR, but judging by how far he won that race by, Im surprised he didnt beat it by more than .02 seconds..they kept saying he broke it, but it seemed to me that they never said MJ's record.

If Bolt only beat MJ by that much, that puts Johnson up a notch in my book because Bolt is just INSANE. I looked like he was out for a jog and still demolishes the field and sets a new WR. Reee-diculous
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ItStillJaimoe

One thing we forget is that Bolt turned 22 yesterday. Sprinters don't peak until their late 20's or early 30's. Now that's scary.

ItStillJaimoe

What a crazy morning: The US women's softball team just lost to Japan this morning in the gold medal final. Big shocker since they've never lost ever in a major competition, prompting the sport to be dropped for the next Olympics.

The US women's soccer team is currently tied late in the first half against Brazil in the gold final. Good game so far.

What the hell happened with the 4x100 metre teams? I heard both US teams dropped their batons.

The US kicked ass in the 400 metre men's final and the 110 metre hurdles final is up in a minute or two.

pawpaw

QuoteMy Olympic heroine...Shawn Johnson. Good job girl!
Fuck the new scoring system. You got your gold.  ;)

I'm with you, she's awesome!

It was several nights ago, but did any of you see the women's vault finals? Alicia Sacramone placed fourth, just a few hundredths of a point away from bronze. Alicia's vaults were not as technical, but she was pretty solid in her execution, while the Chinese woman who beat her had more difficult vaults, but landed on her knees in her second run and still ended up with a higher score. That was BULLSHIT!!! Sacramone has had a rough Olympics...
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

pawpaw

QuoteOne thing we forget is that Bolt turned 22 yesterday. Sprinters don't peak until their late 20's or early 30's. Now that's scary.

I know, he's unbelievable...

easy way

Yeah, the inexperience of the judges this year really came out in the scoring. You can't have judges from the same countries as the competitors, which means you will have judges from weaker programs (ie: no US, Chinese, Romanian, etc. judges). Poor Alicia Sacramone was ripped off. Those judges missed 3/10 points deductions which would have put Cheng Fei at 4th and given Sacramone the bronze.
Also, with the new scoring system...the tie break rule is ridiculous. Another U.S. gymnast taking a step down on the blocks due to a change in ruling in the uneven bar finals (Liukin). The gals killed it though and I'm proud of them all.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

ItStillJaimoe

Sit tight American women's gymnastic fans. Some of the final results could be changing very soon.

easy way

He Kexin looks like she's 14 yrs. old. This could be just the tip of the iceberg. I hope for her sake that her country wouldn't subject her to such a thing, but the competitors who are on the level deserve their due. It would be rad to see Liukin get the gold for the uneven bars, so we'll see...

Jon T.

QuoteI hope for her sake that her country wouldn't subject her to such a thing.

Oh?  :-?

easy way

...is the one that is real!  ;)

well, apparently the IOC says there is no evidence of any of this and that this is the last that we'll hear of it.

pawpaw

Fucking USA 4x100 relay teams...hand off the fucking baton cleanly. Fuckers. Jeez, that was just disgusting. All that talent and training wasted. Hand it off cleanly...I guess it was just a warm-up for screaming at the tv with football season around the corner  ;D

Penny Lane

QuoteFucking USA 4x100 relay teams...hand off the fucking baton cleanly. Fuckers. Jeez, that was just disgusting. All that talent and training wasted. Hand it off cleanly...I guess it was just a warm-up for screaming at the tv with football season around the corner  ;D
8 days :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill