Main Menu

ipod

Started by ali, Dec 15, 2005, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

glad to report the ipod is up & running again, which is great as i'm now about 500kms away from all my music!! at least i have  a little stash of mmj to keep me sane through the holidays...!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

Ophelia

silver. you?

It's GREEN!

ben grimm

Mrs Grimm bought me the 'Burton Ipod Beanie' for Xmas, its basically just a hat with headphones built in but I loves it,
can't wait to go boarding with it now  ;D

for_you_only

i just bought an ipod from m y friend who cleans planes and found it. im kind of scared that it won't work well. i had a dell mp3 player but the warranty ran out and it was crap. can you charge ipods on your computer with out buying a dock thing?

tomEisenbraun

i believe you can. straight through the USB port. that's  how the mini charges, at least.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

for_you_only

sweet. thanks!

wmjbryan

Mine went to the bottom of the lake and back...and it still works.

corduroy_blazer

many people dislike the ipod but i love it.

realdeal

Quotei have an ipod and it's the worst birthday present i've ever received. the problems i've had with it have made me hate it with a passion. go to your manual, they have many pages of troubleshooting. there's a way to sort of reboot the unit without erasing all the songs. also, the apple forum is great for off the record tips like how to get your songs from your ipod to your computer, an application that apple can't legally support.
although if all else fails, you may have to pay up to have it fixed. the ipod is the biggest scam perpetrated on the american public... (well, you know, from a limited, consumerist perspective)... it's a piece of crap, the battery is a scam all onto its own and i hate it. AAARRRRGGH!
good luck... call apple if you're still under warranty.

You must have the old crappy version with the gamboy like interface.

for_you_only

eh, so i got my ipod. i dont' ahve the software, will it still work? i mean, i can't even tell if it's charging. does anyone know anything that might be able to help me?

ali

which ipod did you get? usually they come with itunes software included...

realdeal

yeah, you get the iTunes software CD-ROM with the whole package and you can tell if it's charging if the screen displays a message sayin 'do not remove'.

tomEisenbraun

yeah, so i had late Christmad with my Dad and got a new iPod video (black, so haaaail yeah) and it's pretty dang smooth.

I likey.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ali

niiice! if i didn't already have an ipod, i'd have me one of them!! forget the white ones, black is goooood  ;D

for_you_only

i don't have the software haha, my friend found it on a plane

Dee.

Any luck with that, for you only?  The iPod is probably good to go once you download iTunes, I would think.  Do you have a USB cable to connect it to your computer?  

Easy Morning Rebel

I don't have an iPod :(
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

for_you_only

well i have i tunes, i think its just dead and won't charge with the wire. so i have to borrow someone's docky thing if they have one. its driving me crazy!

mjkoehler

Anyone know a quick way of deleting the album artwork other then going to the artwork tab on each song and deleting it from there? I have a 60 GB that is full and most albums have the artwork and I want to eliminate them as that takes up ass loads of memory.

Angry Ewok

You can sync the iPod without album artwork. When you plug the iPod in, browse through it's menu through iTunes - click on the iPod's music tab and look around for a checkbox relating to album art.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.