My Dad  R.I.P.

Started by Taterbug, Sep 09, 2008, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

I'm so sorry man. I know I can't imagine whyat that feels like and what you go through with it, but I am certain that knowing you understood how he loved you absolutely made his soul smile. From a son's perspective, I've come to see how one of the most important things you can offer a dad is the knowledge that he's done you well, and that you love him and appreciate what he's done for you. That's huge. I don't know what a dad's perspective looks like, but I know for damn sure that yours was smiling.

I hope you're doing okay, man. It sounds like you lost one hell of a dad, but it sounds like you don't have the regret of not letting him know that and not appreciating him the way he deserved.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

easy way

May peace be with you and yours, brother...

Thomas
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

The DARK

Wish you well. I'm sure he's looking out for you, somewhere.
In another time, in another place, in another face

ChiefOKONO

wow, so sorry to hear this sad news.  what a great letter.. cheers to that and to your dad. best wishes to you and yours!

weeniebeenie

Sorry for your loss.
How loud can silence get?

Love Dogg

It is very sad to me when people lose their loved ones too soon.  Be thankful that you have such fond memories, and that your dad's spirit lives on in you, while you raise your children.  I know you want him back, but you will come to terms as time goes.  Regardless of your religious beliefs, remember that your father's spirit is always with you, and any time you need to talk to him, just do it...he'll be there for you, I promise.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Taterbug

It has been theraputic for me to read all the nice things people have said.  The only way I can describe how I feel is  that I have been blown thru a fan and every day I pick up more pieces and get myself put back together.  My evenings are a little ruff, When I lay in bed I re-live the past 3 weeks.  I contemplate how I handled things. I have vivid images of my fathers last moments, as he stuggled for his last breath of air. And my grandmother told him to go toward  the light and look for his father.

This will most likely be my last post on this thread.  The more I dwell on the small stuff  and the things that can't be changed  the harder it is for me to move on and look at the big picture of his life and how I will honor him.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

bowl of soup

I'm really sorry for you.  I'm a little past 2 months without my mom.  Time helps.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ms. yvon

taterb.

thank you so much for sharing your letter to your dad.  i remember the stories and pictures you shared from your trip to the badlands.

much love to you and your family.

-ms. y
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."