Doctor In The House

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Sep 18, 2008, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet but Susan (doctorinthehouse) has left the board.   Susan has had a lot of bad luck and personal issues lately, including breaking up with her love of seven years.   The only reason I tell you this, I hope she doesn't mind, is to help explain why she left.   MMJ was her and her man's "thing" and she had to get away from it, at least for awhile.  It was to painful to be reminded of it with the music.

When any of us had personal problems, or were struggling in life, who was the first person to post a message in support?  It was always Susan.  There has never been a nicer, more thoughtful person, to post on this board than her, IMO.   When I first signed up I talked about my Mom and her cancer, and Susan has asked me about her many times since then, to find out how she's doing.

Well I just wanted to make a special thread in her honor, so that everyone can take a moment to repay her for her kindness, by saying a prayer for her, or just think happy thoughts about her if that's your thing.

I would even like to keep this thread alive in the future.  A place maybe where you can come to tell us about your problems and get some support.   We will all have to chip in and provide a shoulder to cry on and some kind words in Susan's absence until I can get her to come back! :)

Is there a doctor.....in the house tonight?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TheBigChicken

That's unfortunate. She always seemed like a pleasant person to chat with. This is definitely a better board with her around. I hope she can recoup and not struggle with her personal life. Ending a relationship can be difficult as most of us know. If you talk to her tell her RC says hello and to keep her chin up :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

great post BH; I know in all the silliness and smack talking that goes on here, I often lose sight of the human element. Some heavy things have been shared and lifted up here and this board is a special place.

Thanks; and I am glad Susan is taking care of herself.

If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.
                       ~ Mitsugi Saotome ~

megalicious

it makes me sad to hear that. susan was always such a sweetheart.

sending my best wishes to you, susan. take care, girl!
[smiley=smiley.gif]
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

pawpaw

Good job BH. The Doc always seemed like a very caring, friendly woman, and I wish her well as she moves forward with her life.  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

aMillionDreams

I wish you all the best, Susan.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

vespachick

Ouch! That's some bad news!  Poor doctor, I feel your pain.  I don't know what I would do if my love for MMJ was tangled up with my lover.  Good thing I've been single for a while, eh?   :-[

Seriously though, that sucks.  I hope you have good friends around you to help you through this tough spot (like BH).Music is the hardest when going througha breakup...It's taken me a long time to be able to listen to Beck's Sea Change without getting all misty about my ex - and that's just a single album, not an entire artists catalogue (and I broke with him!!).  Life's weird.  Hang in the girl.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Penny Lane

hang in there! ...through suffering comes wisdom (okay, i hate it when people say that because who needs wisdom when you have a broken heart---but still---!) it WILL get better :-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jellyfish

Really sad to hear that but I understand why.We often posted back and forth about the TV show 24 and since it hasn't been on in 2 years,I don't think we've talked.

I hope she can find the strength to overcome these struggles and come back to the board but it may take some time.

Heady vibes your way,Doc!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

TEO

Well said Dave, well said.......often times Susan and I were on together because of my chosen early hours and her time zone difference and it was always comforting to see her name and we shot each other pm's during that time. She pm'd me and told the same and I again offered an open invitation to IN to stay with crazylove and I and possibly attend a Jacketfest. She was a definite asset to the boards and will be missed.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

The DARK

That's tough. Hope she's back soon.
In another time, in another place, in another face

EAZYE

Come back soon Doc, you will be missed
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

BH

Just got an e-mail from Susan.  She "stopped by" the forum and noticed this thread.  (I hadn't told her I was going to do it.)  Well it made her day, and she wanted me to tell everyone thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

I'm encouraged that I will some day get her to return for good! :)

She does however continue to need your prayers and thoughts so don't stop!  Thanks!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TheBigChicken

Stoppin' nobodys stoppin'...did we stop when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bearass

Whats this lyin around shit!? ;D classic