Hot boiled peanuts - cajun style

Started by bowl_of_soup, Sep 30, 2008, 01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

I stop.  I must.  Every time.  Nice stand in Dade City.  Why is this road-food?  Very hard to eat when driving.  Drive with knee.  Almost die.  Mmmmmm spicy.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

during the Budweiser years I'd eat the hell out of some boiled peanuts; not so much anymore...

but you have laid a craving on me !

red

I fell hard for sweet potato fries while down south; been craving them since.  

ycartrob

QuoteI fell hard for sweet potato fries while down south; been craving them since.  

you should try this here'n

bowl of soup

I like that they're often kept in some dirty cooler in the back of a shady fruit stand rolled up in plastic bags and just fumigating themselves in bacteria.  Makes me feel like I'm buying drugs again.  "Hey man, you think you can front me a quarter of the extra spicy ones?  My disabilty check comes on Wednesday - I'll get you then."

Lunch for me tomorrow.

Ellis D.

Had them first in North Carolina and had never even heard of them before. Pulled over to a stand and could not even understand the lady when she was trying to tell me what they were, but loved them immediately. One of those places where there are a coupla' lawn chairs sittin' around and we could have stayed as long as we wanted. Have had them from GA out of a can and they sucked compared to freshies just pulled from the pot.

TheBigChicken

LOVE me some boiled peanuts....fresh and hot....drippy and yes Soup SO dangerous on the road ;D As a kid growing up in GA.....staple food
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Crispy

Y'all oughta be sayin "BOLLED" peanuts - I saw it actually written that way on a stand once.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ycartrob

TheBigChicken

Quotebowled pay-nuts
Being a Georgia native that's pretty close ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

getinthevan

I've never had them, but this thread makes me want them.  Why don't I live in Tennessee yet?!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

ycartrob

you know who I bet can eat the shit out of some boiled peanuts?

Dex & Crow

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwlKwwI0g9A[/media]

getinthevan

Maybe there's some sort of link to be found between this thread and the Economy thread.  Perhaps our nation's future is in hot boiled peanuts?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

megalicious

my younger sister LOVES boiled peanuts. when we go to visit my dad, she always gets this bigass bag of them. it stinks up the car.

not a fan of boiled peanuts.

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

bowl of soup

Quotemy younger sister LOVES boiled peanuts. when we go to visit my dad, she always gets this bigass bag of them. it stinks up the car.

not a fan of boiled peanuts.

NEW YORK CITAAAAAAA.