Shea Stadium

Started by murph468, Sep 27, 2008, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

As some of you might know, tomorrow (or Monday) will be the last regular season game every played at Shea Stadium.  Unfortunately i wasnt able to score a ticket to this game, but i was at both friday nights and todays games and the atmosphere there was just incredible.  I have been going to this stadium for a long time now and have had some great times there and created some great memories.  Citi field will be beautiful and i am excited for it, but there for always be a special place in my heart for Shea.

LETS GO METS!!!!

ycartrob

and don't forget, The Rutles played there !
(or was that Che Stadium, named after the Cuban guerilla leader Che Stadium?)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F86ph2Sd0iI[/media]

Murph

hahaha what a great clip, how old is Mick Jagger, 19?!?.......Hey, Billy Joel was great when he was there this year.

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

bearass

Murph

;D ;D

ouch....you had to go there.

bearass

couldnt find any good ones of yadi but is all in fun ;)

Jbones72

I was at game 7 in 06, had the most depressing boat trip back to the city  after that strike out. It hasn't gotten any better since!!

Oh well there's always next year, Let's go Jets!!!

dragonboy

Released next week...

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteReleased next week...

I've been waiting for that. :)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ItStillJaimoe

I've been waiting for that. :)

It's from The Clash/Who tour. Believe it or not (and I believe it), The Clash were booed at some of the shows on The Who tour and I'm not overly surprised since Who crowds are notoriously "ill-mannered" (see Joe Jackson in Toronto circa 1981: the loaded hotdog off the side of Joe's face along with being pelted with bottles). I've seen some of the Clash's performance and they didn't look out of place on The mammoth Who stage at Shea. BTW, I think the crowd booed the wrong band (and I'm a diehard Who fan).

red

Gave this a listen today at work; so bad-ass.  "If you don't know what's going on ask the person beside you." - Joe Strummer  ;D

ManNamedTruth

Couldn't find this at any stores today. The girl at Barnes & Noble told me it wasn't out til Oct 28, I didn't think that sounded right and sure enough it wasn't. I'll try again next week at some different stores.  
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dragonboy

Since this has turned into The Clash thread (sorry Murph!) they're on the cover of this month's MOJO:

"Who killed The Clash...The Rucks! The Drugs! The Shocking Truth!"

Ohh The Excitement!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

QuoteSince this has turned into The Clash thread (sorry Murph!) they're on the cover of this month's MOJO:

"Who killed The Clash...The Rucks! The Drugs! The Shocking Truth!"

Ohh The Excitement!
I bet it was the Rucks!  What the shit is a ruck?!  ;)

Isobella

The only sport I understand is ping pong