Ohio Secretary of State Breaks Election Law

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Oct 10, 2008, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

That rascally community organization Acorn is working with the Ohio Secretary of State to violate election laws in this battleground state.  Breaking news tonight--check it out.  Oh yeah and one of the presidential candidates gave them $800,000.00, training and legal representation even as they pressured Washington and financial institutions to bend banking rules to the point of breaking so people who didn't earn the right to a mortgage could get one anyway resulting in this country (and others) to careen to the brink of finicial ruin.
The candidate's initials AREN'T J.M. 8-)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

purvis9876

QuoteThat rascally community organization Acorn is working with the Ohio Secretary of State to violate election laws in this battleground state.  Breaking news tonight--check it out.  Oh yeah and one of the presidential candidates gave them $800,000.00, training and legal representation even as they pressured Washington and financial institutions to bend banking rules to the point of breaking so people who didn't earn the right to a mortgage could get one anyway resulting in this country (and others) to careen to the brink of finicial ruin.
The candidate's initials AREN'T J.M. 8-)

They're both miserable.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

MMJ_fanatic

Penny Lane

yes this is insane--why do they accept voter cards from any ACORN people--not saying they don't ever do good things---but c'mon

In Ohio in 2004, four ACORN employees were indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms.

In January 2005 two Colorado ACORN workers were sentenced to community service for submitting false voter registrations.

On November 1, 2006, four part-time ACORN employees were indicted in Kansas City, Missouri for voter registration fraud.

ACORN was investigated in 2006 for submitting false voter registrations in St. Louis, Missouri. 1,492 fraudulent voter registrations were identified.

i mean you don't cross-check after that? guarantee this is only beginning---especially finding this in swing states
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Taterbug

Remember FLorida ?
It's just another avenue republicans can take to  disinfranchise  low income voters, since most of them vote democratic.

""Recently, a mailing from the Republican Party and McCain campaign was sent to registered Democrats across the state that tells them they are actually registered Republicans and provides a fake registration number. The Supervisor of Elections for Duval County, a Republican himself - called it "mail fraud" and said it was "confusing to voters." "

Both sides have been involved in sketchy regristration tactics. 3rd  parties and political parties should NOT be involved in registereing voters.  IMO
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

MMJ_fanatic

Bump--I'm keeping this a page one story until November 5

ycartrob

voter fraud in an American election!

wow, you have really blown the lid off what happens every election that has ever been held; it's just that your candidate is behind. That's the only reason this is an issue. People don't give a shit about fairness unless it affects their candidate, it has NOTHING to do about America.

the democats cried about it in 04 and 00, so now it's the republicans' turn. And again, it will go away after the election and come back in '12.

YES, we need reform in the way people handle voter registration, and we need to do it before it becomes a politcal issue (ie, not 3 weeks before the election or the day of an election).

sour grapes.