Joaquin Phoenix done acting???!!!!???!?!?

Started by capt._headdy, Oct 29, 2008, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b65859_Joaquin_Phoenix_Calls_It_a_Career_.html

I personally think hes 1 of the best younger actors going, and this is a pretty big surprise

Hes made/been in a lot of awesome movies already: To Die For, U-Turn, Walk The Line, Gladiator, 8MM, We Own The Night, Buffalo Soldiers, The Yards

That said, he seems to be to be pretty "fucked up" in this video clip so im not sure I believe it
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

xmascriminal

capt. scotty

QuoteI was never a fan.

really? he is/was a damn good actor. I dont think he ever got the respect he's deserved in hollywood, especially considering his performances in Gladiator and Walk The Line,  both he was nominated for I believe
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Janet

Not sure what to make of it.  I think he is an incredible talent...but can't imagine why he would make this statement as he has never seemed one to court attention. Why not just go silently into the night...?

Penny Lane

he's on something there----i'm pretty sure he's an addict from stuff i've read and interviews i've seen in the past.

wow who is m night smahahamamglamadingdong gonna put in all his crappy movies?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

I read on another one that the band he works with is the Charlaton's. Love the Charlaton's.

Penny Lane

is that a different band that The Charlatans (UK)?

capt. scotty

Quoteis that a different band that The Charlatans (UK)?

No, that band. In the article I just read on yahoo it says hes been working with their guitaist or lead singer (or both?)

Jaimoe

If Joaquin does pack in acting, why is this a shock? The Phoenix kids were hardly raised in a conventional family environment and the ones that do or did act are a lot weird.

Penny Lane

No, that band. In the article I just read on yahoo it says hes been working with their guitaist or lead singer (or both?)

wait, he's been working w/Tim Burgess? I hadn't heard that...i'll look into it---they're due for an album:-)

mjkoehler

wait, he's been working w/Tim Burgess? I hadn't heard that...i'll look into it---they're due for an album:-)
They had an album come out earlier this year. They had it free to dl on their website. It's pretty good.