R.I.P. Mitch Mitchell

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Nov 13, 2008, 02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Tragically sad but true but the last 1/3 of the Jimi Hendrix Experience has shuffled mortal coil and moved on to a higher plane.  I hope the guys have it cranked to 11 up there.  You are all missed  :'(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

TEO

I listened to The Experience all of the time in the 5th grade in the late 60's. Over, and over, and over! It was freaky, psychedelic, mind blowing, and super-charged to say the least. I STILL like it.  :'(
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

bold99

oh man first Buddy now Mitch...I just saw him recently on the Experience Hendrix tour too....great drummer.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Angry Ewok

My dad grew up in love with the Hendrix Experience - then I eventually dug out his vinyl records and found out dad used to have some pretty badass taste in music.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

getinthevan

QuoteTragically sad but true but the last 1/3 of the Jimi Hendrix Experience has shuffled mortal coil and moved on to a higher plane.  I hope the guys have it cranked to 11 up there.  You are all missed  :'(

I really like this statement.  Its what I'd like to say but in a way that I would've never thought to say it.  

RIP
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Jaimoe

Awful news. Mitch remains one of my favourite drummers, maybe even my #2 favourite behind Keith Moon (a man who beat him out during the Who drumming auditions).

If there is a heaven, I hope Mitch is right now taking his rightful place behind the kit jamming like a motherfuÇker for eternity with the rest of the Experience. R.I.P. Mr. Mitchell. Rock would never be the same without you.

And this sad news made me remember that another great drummer, Carl Jimmy Black, died just last week. Black was the original drummer of The Mothers and my favourite drummer in any of Zappa's bands (not best, but my favourite). He's the big dude in the middle of this version of the cover for We're Only In It For The Money:

tomEisenbraun

Damn, that dude was thoroughly sick at the kit.

I never quite realized it until my first experience with "Catfish Blues". Siiiiiiiiiick.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xci0-26M-bk[/media]
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

TEO

Kinda' surprised our local newspaper had a blurb with a picture on the obit. page today.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

dragonboy

A real shame, we've lost some of the greats this year...RIP Mitch!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

Axis Bold As Love.....the end of the album...i have said enough...investigate ;)   over and over again.....starting the investigation now
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Jbones72

QuoteAxis Bold As Love.....the end of the album...i have said enough...investigate ;)   over and over again.....starting the investigation now

;D Alway's my fav. Hendrix album and song!!!

RIP Mitch