What's your opinion on

Started by chuckooo, Nov 29, 2008, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Quotebut pork is addictive
& so is porkin' !!!  ;)

Sorry  :-[

awwwwww yeah gurl.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

I swear that 'stache has given you mad, masculine, magical powers T!!!  :D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI swear that 'stache has given you mad, masculine, magical powers T!!!  :D

It's......ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

Bring on the porkin'.

Penny Lane

It's......ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

Bring on the porkin'.

(sigh) i love the other white meat.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

I don't smoke cigarettes. I'd rather smoke something that gets me high and tastes better and isn't addictive (physically).
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjkoehler

It's......ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

Bring on the porkin'.

uhhh, wow!

tomEisenbraun

It's......ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

Bring on the porkin'.

uhhh, wow!

hahaha, I didn't know if this should've been my reaction to that comment or not:

mjkoehler

It's......ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

Bring on the porkin'.

uhhh, wow!

hahaha, I didn't know if this should've been my reaction to that comment or not:

We have a winnner.

chuckooo

QuoteThe only really fair way around illegalizing cigarettes would be to outlaw tobacco altogether, and that's just no good.

Less than ten people a year die from marijuana use. Usually less than five. Hundreds of thousands die from tobacco. For that reason, I don't see why it's "no good" to make it illegal. If it kills so many people, why should it be available in every convenience store?

To turn that same logic around, why should alcohol be available in every convenience store when it not only kills such a high number of the people who abuse it, but also plays such a strong role in a very undeniable amount of auto accidents and deaths?

And yes, second hand smoking. But the effects of second-hand alcoholism seem to be much more dangerous from what I've seen. This gets into opinion, though.

Seriously though, a significant number of people have wasted their lives by getting too into pot, and that's no good either. With almost anything out there that can be abused, there will be people who test those limits. There will also be the people who get affected seriously when they weren't planning on it. Anything like that requires understanding what effect your intake will have on you.

I think we all know damn well what's out there that can hurt us. Hell, heroin is illegal and people still get fucked sideways voluntarily on that one. Legal or illegal, people will still take to these things.

I don't really have much of an argument, but I want to suck down some hearty unfiltered nicotine through my Zig-Zag 1" Kutcorners, please don't feel the need to stop me. I understand it's not good for me, but it's a habit and an escape and it doesn't fail any piss tests or keep me from walking right back in to work. And when you're in a lonely town with not much else to look forward to after work but a beer and a cigarette, I'll take both over just wallowing in beer.

You still didn't address my concerns about cigar and pipe tobacco? Is that stuff on the proverbial "shit list" with you as well?

Also, I know some of this could come across as being read in a pretty heated manner. If it did that (and I'm sure there's a few different ways to "hear" it when you read it), please understand that I'm arguing with you not to be a vindictive shit, but to learn why you said that and why you think it should be outright outlawed. I am in complete disagreement with you on this one, and I'd like to know why you stand behind that. And if you think pipe and cigars ought to be thrown out the window as well. I understand all the bad behind it, but I still can't help but feel like that one's a personal choice.

That said, I've never had a close relative die of lung cancer, and I'm sure that changes the entire perspective here. If you've been there, you have all my condolences, and you also have a perspective to come from which I can't rival. I hope that's not the case, for sure, though.

It's almost... poetic.

chuckooo

Also,  let's keep the topic on track. It is not about cigarettes. It's about marijuana.

BH

And of course, there is a huge difference between cigarettes and pork: pork is not addictive.

Yeah, tell that to the spare tire pal!

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

QuoteAlso,  let's keep the topic on track. It is not about cigarettes. It's about marijuana.
I thought Tracy's convincing point was pork is a gateway drug. I might have read it wrong though....possibly....

ycartrob

QuoteAlso,  let's keep the topic on track. It is not about cigarettes. It's about marijuana.
I thought Tracy's convincing point was pork is a gateway drug. I might have read it wrong though....possibly....

Well, I started out with pork chop sandwiches, and, well, I had that under control, and the next thing you know I am pawning my used Odor Eaters for ribs.

Penny Lane

And of course, there is a huge difference between cigarettes and pork: pork is not addictive.

Yeah, tell that to the spare tire pal!

there is a difference between something having side effects (as do most things we consume) and being physically addictive.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

getinthevan

I once consumed several packages of rib shaped pork patties.  I wasn't freebasing or anything but damn they were good.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

purvis9876

QuoteI once consumed several packages of rib shaped pork patties.  I wasn't freebasing or anything but damn they were good.

;DIf I would have been drinking something while reading this, it would be soaking my computer right now.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.