Calling in Gay day

Started by Taterbug, Dec 10, 2008, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

My boss didn't buy it and told me to get my ass to work.
He told me if I could prove I was gay when I got there he would let me go home.   I'm not gay I'm just lazy and wanted a day off work.
He made me feel dirty.  :) And made me stay all day anyway. He did give me a pay raise  ;)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jaimoe

I didn't know you could take a day off for being gay? If that sort of banter happened at my work, everyone involved would get suspended and/or fired. I'm not judging you, it's just a fact where I'm from.

The Drake

QuoteI didn't know you could take a day off for being gay? If that sort of banter happened at my work, everyone involved would get suspended and/or fired. I'm not judging you, it's just a fact where I'm from.

:-/

Jaimoe

No need to frown. Any sort of lanugage deemed even mildly offensive to anyone (even if you don't think it is) can get you suspended and/or fired. I'm ok with it actually.

Still, if I could call in a gay day, I'd consider doing it, although I think most of my town would call in on Pride Day.

Taterbug

It's a national day of protest against the Prop 8 decision in California I guess.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

aMillionDreams

I guess it's better than being in a place that promotes gay-bashing, but there's a difference in being sensitive to that and running a police-state.

I wish people could share a joke or maybe have an honest discussion about sexuality without feeling like they can have their livelihood taken away from them for that.  I suppose in this day and age we can't have it both ways.

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

MarkW

QuoteIt's a national day of protest against the Prop 8 decision in California I guess.

I disagree about the last Iraq war.  Should have called in absent since '03.

You can't just opt out.  Wouldn't it be better just to keep on going to work and, well, just voting out the fuckers that make bad laws?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

purvis9876

QuoteIt's a national day of protest against the Prop 8 decision in California I guess.

I disagree about the last Iraq war.  Should have called in absent since '03.

You can't just opt out.  Wouldn't it be better just to keep on going to work and, well, just voting out the fuckers that make bad laws?

I think that doing nothing appeals to a lot of people in the U.S.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

ycartrob

Quote I suppose in this day and age we can't have it both ways.

so, no call in bi day?

ManNamedTruth

Shit, I called off sick from work today. I hope people don't get the wrong impression.  :-/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

purvis9876

QuoteShit, I called off sick from work today. I hope people don't get the wrong impression.  :-/

You're lucky this isn't the 50s where sick and gay go hand in hand.

Taterbug

QuoteShit, I called off sick from work today. I hope people don't get the wrong impression.  :-/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 50's gay ment you are happy.

purvis9876

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 50's gay ment you are happy.

It did, but homosexuality was also looked at and believed to be some type of disease; something "curable".

Edit: not to mention there are still people who believe that today

dragonboy

QuoteIt did, but homosexuality was also looked at and believed to be some type of disease; something "curable".

Edit: not to mention there are still people who believe that today

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Hmmm, none of the gay folks that I work with called off today. I'll have to ask a couple of them tomorrow about it.

FACE

somebody said that in our school, it is easier to come out as gay than it is to say that you're a republican.

The DARK

Quotesomebody said, of our school, that it is easier to come out as gay than it is to say that you're a republican.

It's the direct opposite at my school.
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

Quotesomebody said that in our school, it is easier to come out as gay than it is to say that you're a republican.

Ha!  That's classic!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.