The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

I can get my hands on it but it's a risky business. I get really tempted every now & then but tell myself that it's just not worth it.
I was just thinking about next years OBH. What dates are you currently looking at?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

I'm thinking somewhere in mid to late July.  July 19th seems to be the best for me at this point but i'll also have to check with the venue to see if that works for them.

aMD

btw, i thought i'd run this by you.  kimbo's bread is thinking about going to japan or china to teach english next year.  what's the possibility your school will have openings?

dragonboy

July isn't a complete no go.
It's so tough having my family in 2 different countries now. My Mum & Dad are thinking of coming to Japan again next year, which would leave the wife & I free to do as we please next summer. I've said it before & I'll say it again - fingers crossed!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

QuoteJuly isn't a complete no go.
It's so tough having my family in 2 different countries now. My Mum & Dad are thinking of coming to Japan again next year, which would leave the wife & I free to do as we please next summer. I've said it before & I'll say it again - fingers crossed!

I really hope you can make it.  if not this year you have to try to make #3.  It's looking like it's gonna get big. at this point I'm wondering if we should rent the whole place out, charge admission, and try to get some other acts and other cool shit you can buy/rent with money!  Not that Your Evening Windbreaker and my cornhole boards didn't rock.   ;)

You listening to anything?

dragonboy

Quotebtw, i thought i'd run this by you.  kimbo's bread is thinking about going to japan or china to teach english next year.  what's the possibility your school will have openings?
My school is me & me alone. It's a very small affair, I teach from home (hence the embarrassing amount of time I spend here daily) with a small number of students;  just enough to pay the bills, buy a few CDs a month & take a couple of holidays a year  ;)

Of course, I'd be more than happy to offer whatever help & advice I can though.

dragonboy

QuoteYou listening to anything?
Martha Wainwright...thought it was about time I played something my better half might appreciate  ;)

dragonboy

I've gonna shut down.
Have a good one aMD, always good to chat!  :)

aMD

good indeed, brother. have a good one!

mjkoehler

QuoteJuly isn't a complete no go.
You need to find a way to come. Grandparents can be a godsend. [size=8]That would explain 2 weeks n Disney WITHOUT the kids. [/size]They are a godsend until you live 3 houses down from them and they are empty nesters and are acting randier then 2 teenagers.

ratsprayer

getting ready for a good evening....samuel adams octoberfest.  never had it before, but i have high hopes.

ratsprayer

it's delicious, sam adams never lets me down.  

Hawkeye

Drinking the Sam Adams Honey Porter right now...also delicious.  I still have an unfinished goal of trying everything Sam Adams, I think I'm at like 12 out of 18, but they may have more kinds out now, I haven't checked in a couple of years for new kinds

Edit:  There are 25 different offerings, according to the Sam Adams website

http://www.samueladams.com/world_of_beer.aspx?jump=styles
We could.

red

Wow, looks like this thread was raging last night!!

Today I helped two of my friends move to their lovely new acreage.  Had a few homemade beers there (surprisingly delicious) and promptly picked up 6 Lowenbrau, 6 Rickard's White Ale and 3 Tiger tallboys.  A good friend I haven't seen in a few months is swinging by tonight, so might have to dip into this vodka (yuck!) that I have in the cupboard.

:D

mjkoehler

QuoteWow, looks like this thread was raging last night!!

Today I helped two of my friends move to their lovely new acreage.  Had a few homemade beers there (surprisingly delicious) and promptly picked up 6 Lowenbrau, 6 Rickard's White Ale and 3 Tiger tallboys.  A good friend I haven't seen in a few months is swinging by tonight, so might have to dip into this vodka (yuck!) that I have in the cupboard.

:D
Vodka is Nectur Of The Gods, Mother's Milk. Especially Belvedere. Smoooooth

Ghosts_on_TV

Quoteit's delicious, sam adams never lets me down.  

It is good.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

QuoteReading Vs the Hammers Mark? What you got for me?

West Ham have got real injury problems (Dyer broke his leg horribly last week).  You should get at least a point today.
Bloody 'ell  :-/

.Walt

Quotei'll be thanking you when i work in 4 hours!

thank you!

no, its wasn't that bad, i slept from 5pm to 11. so i'll be up for awhile.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

.Walt

QuoteWell, anyone else drinking?  

didn't see this until now, welllllllll i'll have one or maybe more!! going to celebrate  [smiley=beer.gif]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction